- East Hanover, NJ
80! That's the number of Novartis products that the Quantitative Safety & Epidemiology (QSE) team is responsible for. QSE is an interdisciplinary group in the global Patient Safety organization; we help regulators, physicians and patients to understand the benefits and risks of assigned drugs, by asking the right questions and by applying the most appropriate scientific methods.
The Senior Epidemiologist represents epidemiology in Safety Management Teams of one or several drugs. He/she leads the discussion and implementation of modern and innovative epidemiology approaches to robustly evaluate the safety and ultimately the benefit-risk profile of a drug based on data from different data sources.
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Epidemiologic leadership for drug safety risk management strategy
• Modern & innovative epidemiology approaches to safety and the benefit risk profile
• Non-interventional studies including PASS (post-approval safety studies)
• Epidemiologic leadership for communications with health authorities
• Improvement initiatives within QSE and across the company
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Master's degree or comparable in epidemiology, statistics, health services research or related areas (PhD preferred)
• 6+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical Industry/4+ years expert knowledge epidemiologic methods application
• Experience in designing, conducting, analyzing and interpreting epidemiological studies, especially those based on large electronic health records databases
• Computing ability including knowledge of specialized epidemiological/statistical packages
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills bridging scientific and business needs
• Solid knowledge of drug development and HA guidelines, especially as relevant to epidemiological methods
Back to top