Sourcing Manager - Infrastructure & Connectivity
- Prague, Czech Republic
Sourcing Manager - Infrastructure & Connectivity, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
$1.8b investment externally to run and transform its IT and Digital landscape in Novartis! Procurement is managing and improving this spend by optimizing the supply base while going through a major next gen procurement transformation.
Purpose of the role is to be responsible for multiple categories in one country OR one cross divisional category in one country part of the Category aligned teams. May lead the delivery of individual projects defined as part of the Annual Category Plan; to focus on project delivery with activities including requirements gathering, market analysis, qualifying and selecting suppliers with the relevant Business Partners and stakeholders, as well as non-sourcing projects such as demand management and process improvement.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implement global category strategy at local level OR implement sourcing business plan for area of responsibility; directly deploys global category strategy at site level
• Supervise the implementation of sourcing plans for the sub-category and deliver sub-category savings targets following engagement in the target setting process.
• Provide input into the overall Category segmentation and identification of key supplier relationships or may directly control purchases with respect to supplier choice, timing and commercial conditions on a local basis (may vary between divisions depending on way spend is controlled).
• Manage strategic sub-category supplier relationships, and implement consistent key performance indicators for the sub-category, and report on suppliers' performance. -Collect supplier information and feedback from Divisions, countries, sites, Category teams and Business Partners, and deliver Procurement Balanced Scorecard metrics for the relevant sub-category.
• Create, apply, complete and reviews major contracts for the sub -category, and ensure that negotiated contracts are clearly communicated for the sub-category area and that they are consistently applied
• Manage strategic sub-category supplier relationships, and implement consistent key performance indicators for the sub-category, ensuring that any supplier performance risks and issues are resolved on a timely basis to end-user satisfaction.
• Being responsible to run global sourcing events specifically in the area of infrastructure & connectivity.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced degree is required, Master's degree/other advances degree in fields such as business administration, finance, law or a scientific or technical field is preferred.
• Strong preference for CIPS or similar professional qualification.
• > 5 years of Procurement experience and contracting experience with focus on Infrastructure and Connectivity
• Solid experience in navigating in global, matrix organizations and across geographies and cultures.
• Extensive experience in sourcing processes (e.g. RFI/RFQ), negotiation strategies, project management, good communication and collaboration skills as well as market analysis capabilities to drive operational excellence.
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top