Solution Design Expert - S4 Hana Finance
- Barcelona, Spain
100+mUSD...that's how much we have spent on our digital transformation journey to date. In supporting this journey, our ERP Centre of Excellence is ideally placed as we have presence in key strategic locations globally and works across a broad range of solutions. The Solution Design Expert will manage the design of system solutions in alignment with design and architectural standards - this is a unique opportunity to support the digital transformation of our ERP environment.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop/review/confirm system designs that adhere to high level conceptual design and are traceable to functional as well as non-functional requirements in projects/enhancements
• Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of solutions
• Deliver design solutions in line with system design standards (Core/Template)
• Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the architecture handbook
• Perform scoping, fit-gap workshops for projects/enhancements, proposes solutions for key gaps, provide effort estimations and align with business teams
• Ensure that project/enhancements work is delivered to agreed time, cost and quality constraints following the release calendars
• Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed, formally documented and signed off by business
• Initiate solution testing to ensure these meet quality standards
• Follow standardized design and development processes to enable cost effective delivery
• Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Solution Design scope
What you'll bring to the role:
• At least 6 years of experience in business consultancy and SAP (S/4 and/or ECC 6.0) implementation in an international environment.
• Proven experience and expert knowledge in at least some of the following modules in order to be able to support the Novartis finance business processes:
o SAP S4 Central Finance and SAP Cloud solutions
o Finance and Controlling modules in S4/ECC (GL, AP AR, Treasury, Tax, Fixed Assets, CO-PA, CO-PCA, ML, Project Systems, T&E)
• Knowledge of detailed process analysis and design, system architecture, technology standards, CSV, GXP and SOX requirements
• English: Very strong written and spoken. Additional language will be a plus.
• Bachelor degree in business/technical and SAP expert knowledge.
Understanding of adjacent models and processes to the above, for example:
• SAP Concur
• Workflow approval management & FIORI applications
• Desired experience in Analytics/Robotics or other Finance related new technologies
• Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
Breakdown of benefits received in this role. As a curious organization we provide endless opportunities to learn and grow through remote, online and classroom learning services across a broad range of topics.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, adventurous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to seek the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Back to top