Service Delivery Expert - Data Management
- Shanghai, China
400 applications, 55 platforms,~670 standards. Provide operational management for the team responsible for all this (Technical Architecture & Digital Service), and become partner of our global IT team Excellence leads as well as the managers on the operational topics day to day and support and plan key initiatives for the Technical Architecture & Digital Team.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Unique opportunity to enable healthtech transformation: seeking a Data management person to lead and champion the IT organization's commitment to using data for increasing business outcome and impact. To ensure the enterprise data is relevant, complete, accurate, meaningful, and actionable. This role will be responsible for the planning, controlling, and delivering data effectively in the Novartis China organization.
• Define and govern core data standards: 1, Planning and identification of appropriate data sources, data models, best in class Metrics/KPIs and Visual solutions / technology to close these gaps. 2,Capture common data requirements and identify pain points in data management practice. 3, Identify the data calibration issues amongst different data sources. 4, Align data standard with data owners and facilitate the landing of data standard to relevant business units and systems
• Support IT projects for data integration solution design: 1, Understand project level data requirement. 2, Provide data integration solution design in line with data architecture and data standard. 3, Review project implementation to ensure adherence
• Facilitate Data governance process: 1, Manage enterprise data governance policy and process. 2, Sit in relevant data governance board and help facilitate data governance process. 3, Help drive the continuous improvement of data quality and effective use of data assets
• Technical Engagement: 1, Liaise with the service development and deployment teams to ensure successful execution of global commercial Strategic initiatives (ICON, DROID, DICE, ACT, MDM Deep Blue). 2, Support the work of data architect to propose opportunity towards a more simplified, extensible, re-usable and robust data architecture. 3, Involvement in enterprise Data Warehouse/Data Lake/BI projects
• Drive Data innovation: 1, Keep up-to-date with latest data technology trend and development. 2, Keep abreast with internal IT systems and documentation requirements, standards (including quality management and IT security), industry best practices. 3, Proactively seek opportunity to achieve business value via the use of new data technology. 4, Develop the data application opportunity beyond company data sets to healthcare industry and government data sets in order to improve customer adherence, and create new business opportunities.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering or information technology discipline. An advanced degree and related accreditations a plus.
• Experience in enterprise data governance and master data management, Advanced knowledge of data management processes and systems, Proficient in data modelling
• Experience with Agile methodology & transformation
• Mastery of major data warehouse and ETL technology based on Cloud Computing
• Deep understanding of popular BI visualization tools
• Knowledge in big data technology and tools
• >= 6 years of experience in a similar or related role with proven track record of delivering results and making the connection between technology and business benefit/value
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top