Senior Scientist II – LAS Transgenic Services (80-100%*)
- Basel, Switzerland
25+! The number of new transgenic lines created across Novartis Transgenic Services globally each year. This is an opportunity to manage our breeding facility for transgenic animals where you can make an important contribution to in vivo research in various research areas within the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR).
The Senior Scientist II leads the molecular biology lab in the Comparative Medicine organization, through strong knowledge of mouse genetics and transgenic model development. The candidate will be responsible for supervising the laboratory performing routine genotyping and embryology activities in genetically modified mouse lines, as well as advance genetic characterization, providing optimal support to the research projects at NIBR.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Planning and execution of experiments to determine the genotype and characterize genetically modified mice according to established or new developed protocols.
• Understand and actively propose aproaches for generation on genetically engineered animal models according scientific project needs.
• Lead the team ensuring high performance and proper professional development of the assigned staff. Actively influence and contribute to the future strategic direction of the Animal Engineering Platform.
• Build strong network and relationship with scientists identifying research needs and applying latest technologies in order to achieve best in class embryology & genotyping service globally.
• Manage the team, ensuring maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure (e.g. ordering of consumables, ensuring periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment).
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in life sciences (e.g. molecular biology) or related technical education with demonstrable track experience in the field
• Fluent in English (German highly desirable)
• Several years of experience in mouse embryology and in molecular biology (preferably in the area of mouse model characterization/genotyping)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Back to top