Senior Quantitative Safety Statistician, Spain
- Barcelona, Spain
1 in 10,000 is the frequency of a rare safety event! The science of detecting, quantifying and communicating adverse drug reactions as well as designing measurable risk minimization activities - this is quantitative safety science. Providing patients with more benefits than risks is Novartis top priority.
As Senior Quantitative Safety Statistician you will shape the quantitative safety strategy of a drug during the whole life cycle.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Owning the implementation of innovative quantitative methods to evaluate the safety and benefit-risk profile of a drug based on data from multiple sources
• Providing strategic direction and statistical expertise to collection, evaluation and presentation of safety data ensuring a holistic, efficient and consistent approach
• Coordinating quantitative safety activities to answer requests from health authorities
• Providing statistical expertise and oversight to non-interventional studies
• Proposing and implementing innovative and process improvement initiatives related to quantitative safety.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in statistics or mathematics or related area (PhD preferred)
• Proficiency in English
• 6+ years of experience in positions with growing responsibility in the Pharmaceutical Industry; with 4+ years applying statistical methods to drug development and post-marketing safety
• Demonstrated experience in developing and evaluating modern quantitative safety methodologies. Computing ability and experience with different data sources.
• Demonstrated contribution to external white-papers/policy shaping best practice in statistical science and experience in leading scientific improvement/ change initiatives
• Scientific curiosity combined with strong communication skills bridging scientific and business needs over different expertise areas
• Excellent strategic skills. Natural leadership style with the ability to build successful partnerships at all levels
Competitive salary, annual bonus, pension scheme, health insurance, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
We kindly ask you to apply with an English version of your CV and if shortlisted you can expect a call from an international number.
Deadline for applications - 15.03.21
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top