Senior Manager Internal Audit
- Shanghai, China
105,000 unique individuals work at Novartis, all with different needs and aspirations, aligned to a single inspirational purpose; to Reimagine Medicine for millions of patients around the world. We are looking for a Senior Manager Internal Auditor in the APAC team to be a trusted partner who keeps Novartis' patients, associates, customers, assets, and reputation safe, and who helps Novartis be successful in reimagining medicine.
You will be responsible but not limited to:
• Plan, deliver and follow up from assurance and advisory projects in the APAC markets with a particular focus on China either as a team lead or team member.
• Identify the root causes of audit findings and investigate, analyze and recommend practical solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
• Act as a cultural change agent who supports the creation of an inspired, curious and unbossed organization.
• Support the APAC audit team by providing peer-to-peer coaching and training, as well as, on-boarding new team members.
• Manage knowledge and drive innovation to ensure high-quality, value-adding and digitally enabled audit execution.
• Contribute to the digital transformation of the audit function to leverage the opportunities presented by current and new technologies and data across the organizations.
• Contribute to or lead regional or global Internal Audit methodology projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
• As the first senior auditor for the APAC team based out of Novartis Shanghai office and will need to be a self-starter, independent, but also an active communicator.
• Postgraduate degree preferably in business administration (accounting, finance, economics, marketing).
• At least 10 years of relevant working experience in internal audit/advisory departments in a big four, in an IA boutique or consulting firm with focus on Pharma or the healthcare sector, OR at least 8 years of working experience in an internal audit department of an international company in Pharma, medical devices, or Biotech sector
• Good knowledge of SAP FI and CO modules, ACL, TeamMate, Alteryx, or other audit tools
• Profound business acumen and knowledge of process management and/or business process optimization
• Team-player with excellent communication and project management skills, ability to collaborate effectively across a matrix
• Fluent in Mandarin and in English
• Willingness to travel (up to 20- 30%)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top