Senior Deductions (AR) Specialist
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
As the Senior Deductions (AR) Specialist, you will provide supervision on all divisional deduction and dispute resolutions in the US Financial Service Center (FSC). You will also oversee the process surrounding deduction validations and ensure critical metric targets are being met.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work cross-functionally to solve problems and contribute to month-end closing procedures.
• Ensure invalid deductions are repaid or further justified.
• Assist in implementation of new technology and plays an active role in associated projects.
• Ensure accounting policies and procedures are adhered to, including internal and external auditors and NFCM controls.
• Maintain good relationship with customers
• Collaborate with key partners, including accounting authorities/auditors
• Support the measurement and delivery of service levels
• Proactively challenge the Status Quo, making fact-based recommendations
• Enable the execution of quality services through prioritization and deductions monitoring
• Handle critical issues and calls with customer
• Conduct deduction research and facilitate back and forth communication with partners to help drive operational efficiency
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role (requirements):
• High School Diploma with 7+ years' experience; Associates Degree with 5+ years' experience; Bachelor's degree with 3+ years' experience in multiple components of Accounts Receivable, handling high profile and large volume (more than 100K) accounts
• Complete understanding of accounting principles, concepts and practices as they apply to deduction and collection management
• Experience with SAP and Receivables Management
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• In-depth Order to Cash (O2C) expertise
• Lean/ Six Sigma Certified
• Pharmaceutical industry
- Spanish speaking ability
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top