Senior Clinical Programmer
- Hyderabad, India
4^4 - The number of projects that you would lead or support across multiple therapeutic areas.
We are looking for an experienced professional with robust programming competencies (SAS, SQL, Python, R, etc.) & strong communication skills for our Clinical Database Development Reporting & Analytics function. As a member of this function, you would be primarily responsible for seamless end to end data flow of Clinical & Operational Data from Data Collection, Transformation , Reporting & Analytics & provisioning of data to downstream applications & teams.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce and track reports for various line functions within Global Drug Development, used for ongoing monitoring of clinical data . Provide understandable and actionable reports on clinical data and monitoring of clinical data for key stakeholders
• Author /co-author the user requirements document, functional specifications and functional testing scripts
• Facilitate interaction with end-user on creating specifications and working with programmers or performing the programming activities for successful delivery.
• To provide quantitative analytical support to the global program teams, including providing support on analyzing reports. Support the planning, execution and close-out of Clinical Programs/Trials. Support the management in collation and delivery of analytics reports for critical decision making
• Create, file and maintain appropriate documentation. Work with the internal SMEs and key stakeholders in providing analysis and interpretation of clinical program/trial operational data. Provide necessary training to end-user on best / appropriate and consistent use of various data review tools
• Program reports of various complexity from documented requirements, within the clinical reporting systems using SQL, PL/SQL, C#, VB script, SAS, Python, R.
• Good Knowledge of Novartis Clinical Data Standards and its implementation for creation of reports specifications or reports output. Support special projects of limited scope (sub team lead, local project, etc.) both clinical and non-clinical in nature.
• Provide study level expertise and involvement in CTTs. Lead or provide support to special projects both clinical and non-clinical in nature or in general areas spanning various responsibilities but not limited to systems issues, processes, user support, training, etc.
• University or college degree in Life Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Medical Informatics or equivalent degree.
• At least 5-7 years' experience in clinical review and reporting programming, business analytics and/or clinical trial setup, gained in the pharmaceutical industry, CRO or Life Science related industry as well as the following:
• Strong knowledge of programming languages (SQL, PL/SQL, C#, VB script, SAS, Python, R). Strong knowledge of Data Review and/or Business Intelligence tools (such as Spotfire, JReview)
• Knowledge of clinical data management systems and/or relational databases (e.g. OC/RDC, INFORM, RAVE) as applied to clinical trials. Understanding of Drug Development Process, ICH-GCP, CDISC standards and Health Authority guidelines and regulations
• Ability to translate technical concepts for non-technical users in the areas of clinical database design and data review reporting development
• Attention to detail, quality, time management and customer focus. Strong verbal and written communication skills to work with our global partners and customers
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top