Senior Category Manager - Real World Evidence
- Prague, Czech Republic
Senior Category Manager - Real World Evidence, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
108,000 associates reimagining medicine for more than 799 million people globally. You can be one of these associates and now you can continue your career development in Novartis as Senior Category Manager - Real World Evidence to Novartis is broadening and embedding the use of integrated (Real World) evidence solutions to support our portfolio globally.
The Senior Category Manager - Real World Evidence role will lead all strategic aspects within the category of Real World Evidence across divisions, on a global/regional level and develop proposals for strategic business decisions.
The successful individual will be an impactful part of the creation of a third party strategy in an emerging area of strategic importance to Novartis. It is also a first class chance to create the first ever specialized procurement support capability in Novartis for RWE.
This position will: Contribute to optimization of research & development; Accelerate and sustain patient and market access; Support product value based pricing; Optimize medical practice by developing key supply relationships with third parties and bringing state of the art procurement solutions which add value to the business.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Deriving groundbreaking strategies by defining clear category objectives, working with analytical data, business partners and market expertise. Aligning strategies to measurable target and clearly conveying them to the organisation.
• Projecting the dynamics and impacts (e.g. mergers and acquisitions). Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.
• Participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partners; Mapping the value chain, analysing it and deriving potential scenarios. Includes the understanding and application of total cost of ownership, and should include cost modelling.
• Compliance & risk management: supporting reports to determine appropriate compliance level. Supervising end-to-end compliance (budget, payment, vendor PO, contract invoice, buying channel, etc.) and deriving corrective actions to improve compliance.
• Planning, organising and managing projects taking into account priorities, resources, budgets, issues and constraints to achieve desired results; defining clear project scope and objectives; utilising software and tools to plan, supervise and report status; Support definition and implementation of Procurement tools and processes.
• Managing data analysis and reporting, e.g. analysing spend, demand, supply markets and competitors. Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.
• Executing the Source-to-Contract process including respective strategies, approaches and methods: preparing and conducting fact-based negotiations. Adapting tactics from a broad portfolio of negotiation strategies to achieve results that support business and Procurement objectives.
• Analysing specifications for optimisation. Linking specification to customer value, challenging specification confidently. Conveying messages clearly and convincing internal partners; Achieving results by proactively building long-term, balanced and effective relationships, understanding the stakeholder landscape and demonstrating political astuteness across business structures and networks.
What you'll bring to the role:
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree and proficiency in English (Written and spoken).
• Proven experience within the Pharmaceutical industry in the Real World Evidence or Market Insights, preferably with track record in Procurement category management, supplier management, or related area.
• Strong project management or other leadership experience.
• Strong delivery track record in the area of RWE in an R&D or Commercial setting.
• Understanding of National Health Care, regulatory environment of drug development/P&R and Listing processes and the role of RWE therein; Proficiency in Healthcare/ Health finance/ Health technology/ Health Economy across geographies. Expertise in GxP operations.
• Master's Degree in Business or Clinical Research or Marketing or Economics.
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to max 3% of your gross monthly basic salary; Risk Life Insurance and insurance in case of long term sickness; 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Company Car / Car Allowance; MultiSport Card; Stock Options. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Back to top