Scientist Assay Dev & New Technologies – Novartis / Navigate Biopharma
- Carlsbad, CA
1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year. At Navigate we envision a disease free world - our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision. Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate Biopharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
The Scientist will design, create, execute, and troubleshoot new procedures and assays and will contribute to launch of new platforms/assays or manage projects of strategic importance.
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• Authoring and reviewing technical documents including but not limited to work instructions as well as the assay
• Work directly with external vendors to resolve QC and equipment issues. Ensure quality control testing is performed and is within acceptable limits
• Identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect test performance/results. Identifies challenges and communicates risks to leadership in an expedient manner.
• Using critical thinking skills, analyze data for trends making recommendations to more senior scientific staff.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will bring to the role:
• PhD with minimum 0-2 years' experience or MS with minimum of 4 years directly relevant experience or BS/ BA with scientific emphasis with minimum of 8, preferably 10 years of directly relevant experience
• Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with analytical assay development/validation and/or sample testing in a laboratory setting
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of techniques directly applicable to the research services provided by Navigate (tissue culture, molecular and cellular biological techniques such as PCR, flow cytometry, IHC, etc.) is strongly preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication and intrapersonal skills required
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Back to top