Scientific Lead - Medical Communications
- Dublin, Ireland
60 - The number of new medicines Novartis will seek approval for over the next 2-3 years. As Scientific Lead for Cardio-Renal-Metabolic or Oncology at Novartis you will work with internal teams to ensure that the strategic vision for medical communications is consistent and impactful.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees the delivery of client-requested support of medical/scientific communications plans and medical communications workshops for assigned franchises/TA or group of aligned TAs.
• Leads the review of the medical/scientific communication plans with the clients to ensure that their requirements are met.
• Collaborates with the internal PLS team in developing plans and materials for, and participating in new business development meetings with existing and prospective clients. Demonstrates ability to see the big picture and adds value by identifying the key/broad issues regarding client's product/brand. Ensures PLS medical communication deliverables on assigned products/brand(s) are aligned with the product/brand scientific communication strategy and tactics.
• Oversees PLS medical communication content development for high-profile and scientifically complex therapeutic areas. Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and applies extensive knowledge of assigned franchises/TA or group of aligned TAs.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of key competitors (strengths, weaknesses, positioning, performance, etc.) Proactively and independently maintains knowledge on the product and/or therapeutic category.
• Recommends and implements strategy-aligned and innovative medical communications solutions to meet client needs. Demonstrates ability to think about the scientific landscape that shapes a product and provides insights to the client. Responsible for the quality and scientific accuracy/integrity of projects.
• Ensures written materials and slides meet product objectives and contain appropriate scientific statements and learning objectives. Provides guidance and direction to writers/editorial project team. Communicates key client issues/initiatives to team accurately and in timely manner
• Detects/anticipates strategic inconsistencies or potential problems and develops solutions. Leads by example in terms of working with the client. Listens to and acts on improvement ideas from both the internal client and PLS, and translates into actionable service improvements.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Healthcare professional degree or degree in a healthcare-related field. Desirable: advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) in life science/healthcare
• Experience in Oncology and/or Cardio-Renal-Metabolic therapeutic areas
• At least 5 years' experience of working with international Medical Communications for either an agency or in an internal role within the pharmaceuticals industry
• Experience in a wide array of Medical Communications activities, including, but not limited to, publications, slide decks, symposia, standalones, advisory board meetings, etc.
• Track record in developing Medical Communications plans
• Track record of working effectively in a matrixed organization and / or between complex structures between client and deliver teams. Desired experience in digital solutions and innovation.
• Experience in a multi-cultural work environment and international working. Strong negotiations & stakeholder management skills
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top