769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. As a Scientific Lead in Novartis you will work with internal teams to ensure that the strategic vision for Medical Communications is consistent and impactful for your assigned Therapeutic Area. We're currently looking for Scientific Leads across Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Sandoz, and Cardio-Renal-Metabolic.
This position is based in our Dublin office, but as part of our Choice with Responsibility we offer our associates the choice to decide how, where and when to be most impactful in their roles (within country boundaries)
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a bridge between the internal Scientific Writing team and clients to identify commonalities, minimize duplication, and maximizing alignment for Medical Communication projects.
• Supervise the delivery of medical/scientific communications plans and medical communications workshops for assigned franchise/Therapeutic Area (TA) and own the review of these deliverables in collaboration with the clients
• Collaborate with the Scientific Writing team in developing plans and materials for new business development meetings with existing and prospective clients. Demonstrate an ability to see the big picture and add value by identifying the key issues regarding client's product/brand.
• Ensure Medical Communication deliverables are aligned and consistent with the product/brand's scientific communication strategies and tactics.
• Responsible for Medical Communication content development for high-profile and complex projects/therapeutic areas. Think creatively and apply extensive knowledge of assigned franchises/TA or group of aligned TA's.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of key competitors (strengths, weaknesses, positioning, performance, etc.). Proactively and independently maintaining knowledge on the product and/or therapeutic category.
• Identify client needs for new business and recommending and implementing innovative medical communications solutions in line with product/brand strategy. Show an ability to think about the scientific landscape that shapes a product and provide insights to the client. Responsible for the quality and scientific accuracy/integrity of projects.
• Ensure written materials meet product objectives and contain appropriate scientific statements and learning objectives. Provide scientific guidance and direction to Writers/Editorial Project Team for all strategic projects and events. Identifying training needs for the Scientific Writing Team for the assigned TA.
• Communicate key client issues and strategic inconsistencies to the team accurately and in a timely manner and providing solutions to resolve them.
• Lead by example working with the client. Listening to and act on improvement initiatives from both the client and the Scientific Writing team, and translating these into actionable service outcomes.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Healthcare professional degree or degree in a healthcare-related field. Desirable: advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) in life science/healthcare.
• At least 5 years' experience of working with international Medical Communications for either an agency or in an internal role within the pharmaceuticals industry.
• Experience in a wide array of Medical Communications activities, including publications, slide decks, symposia, standalones (webinars/webcasts, strategic workshops, lexicons), advisory board meetings, medical booth assets, etc.
• Track record in developing Medical Communications plans and tactics.
• Track record of working effectively in a matrixed organization and / or between sophisticated structures between client and delivery teams. Desired experience in digital solutions and innovation.
• Experience in a multi-cultural work environment and international working. Strong negotiation & stakeholder management skills.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Company / Legal Entity
Novartis Ireland Limited