Sandoz-Head of Marketing and Customer Strategy
- Tokyo, Japan
12 billion dollars
That's how much Japan was able to save from increased usage of generics and biosimilars through a concerted shift from more expensive, branded products.
Japan's healthcare insurance system is facing serious issues - rising medical costs, rapidly aging society, and declining birthrate. Time is running out. Join Sandoz and help us penetrate the generics and biosimilars in the Japanese market. The further we penetrate, the more we can save for the healthcare cost. And the more we save, we increase the sustainability of our valuable National Healthcare system.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Develop annual marketing plan by taking into consideration market needs, customer insight, competitive landscape, regulatory changes and so on. The plan includes future launches, product pruning, customers/ channel strategy and product prioritization with financial output.
• Develop and implement a go-to-market plan for new launches including customer targeting and segmentation, channel strategy, pricing and promotional materials and tools and cascade down to sales organization. Business Analysis and Understanding - Sales Planning
• Make analysis of in-market performance of products, customers and competitors ]
• Lead analysis of competition across all business segments to identify their strengths and weaknesses, identify which competitors to attack, and anticipate how they will most likely respond.
• Establish mechanisms to analyze, track and communicate economic, market, and competitive trends that are relevant to the Japan market.
• Provide on-going organizational thought leadership on state of business performance, causal factors and indicated actions
• Respond quickly to changing market dynamics and program performance and develop recommenda-tions for reallocation of resources, as needed
• Lead and coordinate in developing sales forecast for new products and critical existing products
• Work with BU Head and Finance team to deliver annual target plan and latest forecaset Product portfolio management
• Optimize product portfolio by identifying portfolio gaps and driving product rationalization through alignment with country and regional portfolio manager
• Collaborate with Business Development and Licensing for portfolio strategies and licensing-in/out
• Strategize approach to address critical product issues including supply constraint and order fulfilment MR Support
• Ensure that MRs & FLMs are provided with the appropriate level of support in administrative tasks to maximize their effective customer facing time
〇 Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world? The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks. Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics. Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
◆Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
◆Join our Novartis Group Network If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
- A University degree in Business or Economics and/or Pharmaceutical / Science.
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- At least 5 year-long experience in sales, marketing and business management in pharmaceutical or medical device industry, ideally in Generic and/or Rx setting.
Oncology experience as product marketing manager preferred. Consulting firm experience is a big plus
Back to top