RWE Team Lead (Mandarin)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
$9.1bn! Novartis has invested that amount in R&D, and we are committed in the clinical development and getting more patients' access for disease treatments globally.
As a Real World Evidence (RWE) Team Lead, you will play a key role in managing and conducting RWE projects (including Non-Interventional Studies) in support of Novartis pipelines in the most innovative way. If your passion is in Data Science, do join us in Going Big in Real World Data!
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead a high-performing RWE team, including the recruitment, onboarding, development, mentoring and coaching of team-members, with an emphasis on fostering top talent and promoting synergy and collaboration. Ensure and support the highest level of collaboration across different team locations including collaboration with other RWE Team Leads.
• Set group objectives, manage and evaluate team performance. Manage team budget, including approval of expenses and vendor and contractor management. Support the leadership team in presenting KPIs and financial target achievements, including project summaries, and team revenues to stakeholders and internal audiences.
• Manage RWE service level agreements (SLAs), oversee and coordinate team resources and deliverables for global and local RWE needs. Support the planning, development and deployment of RWE business strategy. Seek out opportunities for the development of new RWE services and new customers within Novartis.
• Oversee the project management; maintain oversight of the project status and progression, and analytic leadership of Non-Interventional Studies (NIS) and dashboard projects in the RWE area. Collaborate with RWE Group Lead and the Data Science Leadership Team to support and ensure the flexible coordination of activities and resources across the wider Data Science team.
• Resolve issues and escalations arising from the team and customers and ensure the incorporation of lessons learnt into team procedures.
• Drive quality and accuracy of deliverables; continuous improvements on systems and processes that add value to existing solutions, including the development and enhancement of standard operating procedures and working practices to ensure quality control and efficient workflow processes strategies to enhance standardization techniques in order to increase efficiency in deliverables.
• Drive the use of advanced and innovative statistical methods and tools for data visualization, including the use of RWE tools such as R, R/shiny, SAS, Impala, git or JIRA. Provide expertise on data sources including medical and pharmacy claims data, hospital data, electronic medical record data, and prospective observational study data. Oversee and ensure compliance with company standards and processes to ensure the team is audit-ready, including keeping tracking systems up-to-date and accurate.
Job Requirements :
• PhD/Master in a field such as Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Micro-econometrics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or similar. Have demonstrated 7-8 years of experience conducting research in the pharma industry, Contract Research Organization, or academic institute.
• Fluent and proficient in English and Mandarin language (oral and written) as this role will be supporting Global projects (including China).
• Demonstrated leadership experience in successfully leading and managing an analytical team in a matrix environment.
• Experience with analytical and visualization tools and statistical programming languages such as SAS, R, R/shiny, Tableau, Spotfire, SPSS, STATA, WinBUGs.
• Strong knowledge and experience with RWE data sources and standards such as MarketScan, CPRD, JMDC, Optum, PharMetrics, OMOP.
• Experience leading RWE projects through the full NIS lifecycle and dashboard projects from conception to deployment.
• Experienced in the application of statistical methods to the analysis of observational data.
About the Novartis Global Service Center in Kuala Lumpur:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Kuala Lumpur delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Kuala Lumpur is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
What makes NGSC special?
Attractive office location, flexible time management, strong work/life balance, flexible working hours, truly multinational and dynamic organization, multicultural environment and cross-functional hub location
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top