Regional Tax Manager (m/f/d) – EMEA
- Vienna, Austria
Regional Tax Manager (m/f/d) - EMEA, Vienna, Austria
2020 - this is your year to become a Regional Tax Manager (m/f/d) in supporting the Regional Tax Lead for leading all aspects of and managing tax activities in EMEA countries. Co-create the new organization and work independently in the area of local tax governance, audit & risk management. Act as a business partner and coordinate with local and global partners ensuring tax outcomes are aligned to global tax strategy and stays in sync with local laws as well as international standards.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Be in charge of local and international tax environment developments, proactively identifying and proposing measures/initiatives
• Collaborate with the tax operations function, the shared service centres (SSCs), local finance and assist the Tax Lead in supervising changes in tax regulations as well as policies
• Cooperate with SSCs, local finance and other relevant partners beneficial to implement work out solutions as well as awareness and education initiatives for the business
• Be the first point of contact for functional tax COEs for driving quality and establish compliance
• Advise in the tax audit defence: e.g. by prepare and collect the requested information from central and local sources, draft defence arguments in collaboration with Group Tax, SSCs and external service providers
• Encourage the implementation and maintain of tax technology tools
• Act as main contact for out-sourcing relationships
Maintain the monitoring of the effective corporate tax rate and the country profitability in the region
• Drive for the implementation of adopted measures in close collaboration with the COEs and divisional funds flow
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in Tax, Legal, Finance or Economics or equivalent
• Strong expertise in corporate and international tax laws (incl. transfer pricing, tax trends, etc.) and tax audit management, preferable with 3-5 years' experience in tax consulting and 3+ years as in-house tax position or equivalent
• Shown tax technical expertise to operationalize and implement tax planning projects and to defend them in tax audits
• Proficient in English and German
• Proven understanding in ERP system (SAP, etc.) and good accounting knowledge IFRS/local statutory
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
• Additional qualification in a Tax or Finance related area (Tax Specialist, Tax Lawyer, CTA) or equivalent
Good leadership skills and effective excellent teammate who can build credibility and confidence within and outside the organization
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to persuasively convey ideas and data and present sophisticated information clearly as well as translate tax technicalities and needs into simple value propositions, actions and descriptions understandable also to non-specialists
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams with pro-active, goal and solution oriented personality
• Focusing on needs of internal customers is able to respond to changing priorities and deadlines
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,374.38 per year on a full time basis).
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Back to top