Regional HSE Lead – Occupational Safety (Director)
- Dublin, Ireland
108,000! That's the number of associates whose lives we touch and improve. Join us in our mission to protect our people, patients and planet. As part of the Novartis Health, Safety and Environment team, this is a new role waiting for you to bring your best self and make change happen.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and coordination of Occupational Safety Programs across the Novartis global organisation.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads the Global Occupational Safety Program, providing co-ordination, support and guidance to all Novartis operations worldwide.
• Collaborate with Novartis HSE Leadership, Regional HSE teams and major stakeholders to assess organizational needs and develop an aligned global safety strategy to manage risk, ensure compliance, prevent incidents and deliver industry-leading safety performance.
• Aligned with this strategy, develop, plan and drive implementation of appropriate policies and programs to reduce current and future safety related risks and liabilities;
• Acts as subject matter expert on Occupational Safety and other HSE topics and programs as required.
• Guides site leadership on compliance requirements internally and externally; advises the Regional HSE Heads and business leaders on local context and potential HSE challenges and opportunities.
• Influences leaders and associates to embed HSE in the Novartis culture; Facilitates the definition of HSE and Occupational Safety KPIs, monitors performance and ensures accurate reporting of HSE relevant data.
• Ensures relevant Occupational Safety and HSE training is provided by the most efficient and effective means to the HSE community in accordance with identified training needs
• Establishes a strong and effective network and connection with site leadership and on-site HSE teams; and provide ongoing coaching and support to site leadership teams and site HSE leaders worldwide.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in safety management, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or related field. Master's degree in above-mentioned fields is highly desirable
• Overall relevant work experience of at least 10 years, ideally at multi-national organizations, with knowledge and work experience in HSE. In-depth experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, biomedical research, and/or healthcare industry.
• Demonstrated success in leading Occupational Safety Programs at organisation level, across multiple sites and locations.
• Has broad understanding of following areas:
- HSE aspects of the international management system standards for HSE (e.g., ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ISO 31000, ISO 22301, ISO 50001)
- Site-based HSE operations
- Region and country-specific HSE compliance requirements
- Safety design and standards
• Experience in leading high impact processes and implementation of improvements across global/regional matrix organizations with cross-functional exposure; with track record of operational effectiveness/innovation and of working with diverse teams and remote business relationships
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top