Regional Head Tax Operations
- Prague, Czech Republic
Regional Head Tax Operations, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
2000!+ is the number of filled TAX per year . Purpose of this role is to manage end-to-end Tax Operational activities for legal entities in the responsibility of the Novartis Business Service Center in Prague. You will be responsible for a country finance function (typically large or medium revenue as per the Core grid) and lead key discipline (e.g. BPA, FRA) of the function within a country (typically very large revenue), a region or globally, depending on the division size.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Manage the execution of regional / global accounting strategies and standards for own part of the organization & oversee the management and development of teams of experienced FRA professionals. Manage the budgeting process, ensure that budgets and Latest Estimates (LEs) are developed, monitored and updated as appropriate and prepare various high-level management reports on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis
• Lead the development and implementation of financial reporting processes and systems across the Region, including tax, inventory, corporate-control, payment and purchasing data and manage large-scale business process change initiatives. Lead the implementation of risk management processes (e.g. early identification of potential impairment issues or P&L impact of changes in accounting standards) and ensure existence and use of adequate risk management tools.
• Lead the business in managing performance in FRA, monitor business performance against set objectives and take corrective measures, as required. Manage the preparation and communication related to external and internal auditors meetings in order to ensure a smooth and efficient relationship
• Ensure compliance of daily accounting procedures, develop and support standardized reporting processes and present focused analysis of financial information (monthly, quarterly and annual data) in accordance with business needs. Manage the correct and timely implementation of Financial, Reporting and Accounting processes, standards and policies (i.e.: Tax policies, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) Act and Novartis Financial Control Manual (NFCM)) and ensure adherence / compliance thereof
• Management and ownership of all Operational Tax activities under the Tax section of Novartis Finance Core in the NGSC. Lead the department (ensuring alignment to tax strategy and team performance management) and provide high quality operational support to all key customers. Ensure that processes are in place for the preparation, filing and archiving of all tax related documents, including statutory accounts, income tax and indirect tax filings, transfer pricing documentation, assessments, tax calculations, audit and litigation files and other tax relevant documents. Define and implement procedures as required by NFCM
What you'll bring to the role:
• 12 to 15+ years of working experience in Taxation Department preferably into Pharma Industry
• High Integrity Financial Compliance and Control High Quality Financial and Management Reporting Compliant Financial and Technical Accounting
• People Leadership
• Operations Management and Execution Project Management
• Proficiency in English
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to max 3% of your gross monthly basic salary; Risk Life Insurance and insurance in case of long term sickness; 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Company Car / Car Allowance; MultiSport Card; Stock Options. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Back to top