Regional Head, Strategy & Operations, TMO
- Shanghai, China
500+ Ongoing clinical trials;160+ Projects in clinical development;80+ Major submissions planned 2020-2022. Novartis GDD (Global Drug Development) oversees the development of new medicines discovered by our researchers and partners. It drives breakthrough innovations to improve and extend the lives of millions.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate and align with the Head Strategy & Operations, Trial Monitoring to execute the strategic plan for Trial Monitoring to support the organization to become the industry leader
• Drive successful execution of key strategic projects within Trial Monitoring in line with short-, medium- and long-term strategies
• Accountable for the regional operations including resourcing and vendor management, productivity, performance measures and improvements based on trending and identification of opportunities and risks.
• Support nominations and country/regional contribution for Trial Monitoring to key strategic enterprise-wide programs (e.g. STRIDE, MOTION , DESIRE etc )
• Together with the Region Head of Trial Monitoring Excellence, support efficient selection and allocation regional initiatives to increase efficiency and productivity of Trial Monitoring organization, in alignment with the global non drug portfolio priorities; engage the organization to ensure adoption of change that drives continuous improvement
• Lead Innovation, explore and evaluate transformation and strategic solutions to improve monitoring in support to global development goals
• Responsible to follow the overall TMO performance of the region (integrated TMO scorecard and functional scorecard) in collaboration with the TMO director of Operations and Transformation
• Accountable to drive productivity in the region, in collaboration with the Region Head TMO, Country Heads, Region Head Monitoring Excellence, Region Head Finance TMO and in alignment with TMO strategy and global productivity projects for TMO.
• Analyse external benchmarking and trends in the region (e.g. CenterWatch) to propose solutions for Trial Monitoring
• Represent Monitoring as needed in any Development-wide initiatives and meetings in relation to Strategy and Operations
• Lead organization and management of the Regional Trial Monitoring Leadership Team meetings including organizing meetings, managing agendas, tracking decisions, follow-up, and communications to internal and external customer
• In collaboration with the TMO Region Head, consolidate and prepare presentations for TMO and other management meetings.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's Degree in life sciences required; Advanced Degree in scientific or business preferred
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• At least 8 years' experience in pharmaceutical development, preferably in clinical research, and/or monitoring clinical trials
• Demonstrated thorough change agile mind-set
• Experienced in Operations and Strategy of pharmaceutical development processes and in technical approaches
• Business management and applied insights experience preferred
• Demonstrated Experience in Performance management and productivity projects
• Demonstrated leadership in leading cross-functional teams and implementation of recommendations
• Demonstrated quantitative skills along with demonstrated application of quantitative approaches to re-designing processes, improving productivity and/or improving efficiency
• Thorough understanding of the international aspects of drug development process, including expert knowledge of international standards (GCP/ICH), health authorities (FDA/EMEA), local/National Health Authorities regulations and Novartis standards
• Organizational awareness, including experience working cross-functionally and in global teams
• Good strategic thinking skills
• Demonstrated matrix management skills and ability to influence without authority
• Excellent communicator and presenter (oral and written), ability to communicate to Sr. Leaders
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top