Product Line Manager, Analysis & Reporting Scientific software
- Basel, Switzerland
6,000 scientists and physicians around the world use our data & systems to reimagine medicine and create therapies that save lives.
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical (NIBR) is the global pharmaceutical research organization of Novartis with a mission to discover innovative medicines that treat disease and human health. Our scientists need cutting-edge, state-of-the-art computing systems and NIBR Informatics (NX) is a strategic investment into informatics capabilities and positioning to deliver systems and services that are critical to the future of drug discovery.
NX is a global team of ~350 technology scientists and business professionals working across 5 sites, primarily Cambridge MA (USA) and Basel (Switzerland).
- Interview with NIBR CIO: https://www.novartis.com/stories/people-and-culture/qa-new-nibr-cio-dimitris-agrafiotis
The Information Products and Data Sciences (IPDS) group in NX is driven to maximize the impact and value to NIBR of software and data. We deliver powerful, functional, beautiful, and integrated software solutions that create a frictionless user experience. Our organization is here to build and apply excellence in product and data management to further Novartis drug discovery.
As the Analysis and Reporting Scientific Product Line Manager, you will develop and continually update a vision for a group of scientific software products that support data analysis and reporting for NIBR drug discovery. Working in collaboration with other Product Line Managers, your team will contribute to an integrated product suite. You will mentor and manage a small group of product managers who share this vision with you.
You will define the standard for excellence in product management in our organization and synthesize that with your knowledge of drug discovery to create or license software that enhances and helps drive NIBR science. You will prioritize product roadmaps and direct development resources to maximize value to NIBR, and will define how we measure product success and value delivery. In this role, you will identify new product opportunities, deliver consistent, stable product operations, and meet all security, stability, usability, and performance and sustainability requirements. You will evangelize your product line, give product demos, and show the impact of your product line on NIBR science.
Responsibilities include but are a not limited to
• Develop a vision and roadmap for your product line, Analysis and Reporting
• Manage a small team of product managers
• Assess product development sprints, outcomes, and enhancement opportunities.
• Achieve product line success and value metrics
• Manage resources among product teams
• May manage a product yourself
• Establish excellence in product management practice
What you will bring to this role:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a related scientific field: PhD preferred
• 3+ years of software product management within a complex matrix environment, with experience with Agile software development
• 5+ years in drug discovery or a core supporting scientific field.
• Quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to inform decisions
• Proven ability to execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively
• Outstanding communication skills
• Proven experience as a mentor and team player with the ability to develop and promote a shared vision
• A clear and visible set values and demonstrated integrity
• Ability to travel 10%
Additional - Leadership / Management
As a Scientific Product Line Manager, you'll help your direct reports succeed in their jobs, manage what they're working on, and help them realize their career development goals. Removing obstacles and supporting your team members to prosper and grow will be an important aspect of your role. You will act as a mentor and role model in our organization, seeking, managing and retaining talent.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top