Procurement Category Manager, M&S - Agencies
- Prague, Czech Republic
Procurement Category Manager, M&S - Agencies, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
108,000 associates reimagining medicine for more than 799 million people globally. You can be one of these associates and now you can continue your career development in Novartis as Procurement Category Manager, M&S - Agencies to plan and lead all strategic aspects within the category of Agencies across divisions, on a regional level and develops proposals for strategic business decisions.
In this role you will provide high value procurement solutions to the business and category strategies; support third party vendor selection, vendor development, technology management and performance measurement activities.
As Procurement Category Manager, M&S, Agencies, you will ensure best-in-class delivery of external services and products in the Agencies category to support projects and to realize year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements in close collaboration with the stakeholders in the business.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Translates global divisional category strategy into global, divisional, sub category strategy OR translates regional procurement strategy into country strategy and local implementation.
• Lead the implementation of sourcing plans for the sub-category and deliver sub-category savings targets following engagement in the target setting process.
• Provide input into the overall Category or sub-category strategy about segmentation and identification of key supplier relationships, and lead business planning activities and ensure these projects are staffed and executed on a timely basis in line with the targeted goals.
• Manage strategic sub-category supplier relationships, and implement consistent key performance indicators for the sub-category, ensuring that any supplier performance risks and issues are resolved on a timely basis to end-user satisfaction. May directly control at a country level purchases with respect to supplier choice, timing and commercial conditions (may vary between divisions depending on way spend is controlled).
• Collect supplier information and feedback from Divisions, countries, sites, Category teams and Business Partners, and deliver Procurement Balanced Scorecard metrics for the relevant sub-category.
• Create, apply, complete and reviews major contracts for the sub-category, and ensure that negotiated contracts are clearly communicated for the sub-category area and that they are consistently.
• Manage the budget/resource allocation for the area of responsibility.
• Manage the performance and talent development of direct reports and contribute to talent development of indirect reports.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University Degree. Preferred fields: Sciences and/or Business Administration.
• Proficiency in English (Written and spoken).
• 2-5 years of relevant business experience.
• Preferably > 5-10 years of experience in Procurement or other related experience, preferably in category management, supplier management, or related area, with a focus in Agencies/Insights domain.
• Strong project management or other leadership experience.
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Car Allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top