Process Chemist - SPS
- Changshu City, China
9.4 billion spend on Research and Development. That commitment resulted in 24 major regulatory approvals in 2019 in the US, EU, Japan and China.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Has operational end-to-end responsibility within the Local Supply Center for material supply of the assigned projects. Represents the Supply Center in CHAD and PHAD project subteams. Influence process development by providing expertise in scaling up the chemical processes in order to develop mature and robust processes and prepares and execute launches at TechOps when appropriate.
• Represent LSC in CHAD and PHAD project subteams and serve as the main contact between the CDU and LSC for the assigned projects.
• Operational end-to-end responsibility for material supply of the assigned projects within LSC
• Work frequently on several projects simultaneously.
• Plan, prepare and execute assigned process steps/campaigns within the Supply Center according to Dev. Manual guidelines and internal regulations (GMP and HSE) while meeting project team targets
• Prepare synchronization of synthesis & cost estimation for assigned campaigns
• Determine suitability and availability of appropriate process equipment and suggest modifications as needed
• Early identification of processing hurdles and safety concerns and suggests alternatives.
What you'll bring to the role:
• MS＞ 6 years of practical experience in chemical / pharmaceutical industry, PHD ＞ 3 years of years of practical experience in chemical / pharmaceutical
• Fluent in local language, good English
• ＞3 years of practical experience in chemical / pharmaceutical industry or ＞ 3 years of experience in field of expertise
• Good expertise in related field. Good (IT) application know how.
• Good knowledge about the Drug Developmengt process
• Basic project management , good organization and planning skills
• Knowledge of relevant regulations (e.g. GMP, HSE etc.) and Novartis specific standards.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top