Principal Statistical Consultant Advanced Methodology & Data Science
- East Hanover, NJ
Principal/Senior Principal/Associate Director Statistical Consultant Advanced Methodology & Data Science
The digital revolution is dynamically changing the roles and the responsibilities of a biostatistician in the pharmaceutical industry due to the diversity of data now being used to design clinical trials and determine which patients are most likely to have the most benefit from these innovative therapies. At Novartis, we have 20 years of data from a diverse portfolio of diseases that needs to be further explored to deliver the best innovative new medicines to patients who will receive the greatest benefit.
The Principal Statistical Consultant will work in collaboration with Biostatisticians, Pharmacometricians, Global Project Teams and senior Advanced Methodology & Data Science (AMDS) colleagues to ensure the use of state-of-the-art statistical methods, models and machine learning are used at the trial and project level. Contribute towards the professional development of Biostatistics and Pharmacometrics group members.
• Provide trial and sometimes project support requiring hands-on expertise in novel quantitative approaches. This could include: innovative clinical trial design, quantitative decision making, incorporating evidence from sources of big data (e.g. biomarkers, digital technology and real world evidence)
• Support the implementation and communication of innovative quantitative methods to support regulatory submissions and health authority meetings Scientific Innovation and Training.
• Help developing new quantitative methods with the aim of improving drug development at Novartis in multiple projects. The focus includes clinical trial design, modeling, visualization and machine learning
• Support evaluating the need of technology and novel scientific software, visualization tools and new approaches to computation to increase efficiency and quality of Novartis drug development practices External Engagement.
• Publish in peer reviewed journals, participate in professional conferences and contribute towards cross-industry work streams in external scientific working groups.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
(May be hired at the Principal, Senior Principal, and Associate Director levels)
Education: MS or PhD (in statistics, biostatistics, data science, computational biology or equivalent)
Principal - PhD preferred OR MS with 3+ years' experience
Senior Principal - PhD with 3+ years' experience preferred OR MS with 7+ years' experience
Associate Director - PhD with 6+ years' experience preferred OR MS with 10+ years' experience
• At least 1 year of experience with application of innovative quantitative methods in drug development setting preferred
• Knowledge in relevant quantitative approaches
• Ideally some experience in facilitating and optimizing the (early/full) clinical development strategy by using expertise in design, modeling or analytics
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs
You'll receive flexible working, learning and development opportunities as well.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top