Principal Scientist (m/f/d) - Downstream Process Development
- Kufstein, Austria
Principal Scientist (m/f/d) - Downstream Process Development, Schaftenau, Austria
27! This is the number of people who work in Schaftenau on the development of Downstream Processes (DSP) for the manufacturing of biopharmaceutical drug substances.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• You will develop downstream processes for biopharmaceutical drug substances including new biological entities and biosimilars
• You will lead the DSP sub team for the projects in your area of responsibility in a matrix organization (organize and lead meetings, prepare minutes, define timelines and tasks) and provide scientific guidance and process optimization and characterization
• You will perform the successful technological transfer of our processes to production sites according to global and local procedures
• You will prepare and review technical documents including study protocols and reports, risk assessments and provide input for master documents
• You will align and collaborate with customers (e.g. Drug Substance Lead, Regulatory CMC, Quality Assurance, Production, Supply Chain)
What you'll bring to the role:
• Master Degree in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or similar with at least 4 years strong relevant industry experience or PhD in relevant field and at least 1-2 years relevant industry experience
• Fluency in English
• Experience in development of chromatography steps, normal flow and tangential flow filtration steps; proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• A personality with a can-do mind-set and the ability to adopt to change with strong communication and presentation skills
• Good in German
• Knowledge in project management
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, Phone +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,374.38 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top