Principal Scientist in Analytical Development (f/m/d)
- Kufstein, Austria
Principal Scientist in Analytical Development (f/m/d), Kundl, Austria
500 million! That is how many patients we reach with our products every year, improving their lives. It is our aim to expand this to more than 1 billion - with your help and contribution as a Principal Scientist (f/m/d) in our team!
We are Sandoz, a division of Novartis.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan, perform and document scientific experiments as well as statistical analysis and interpretation of the results to drive Development of analytical and galenical methods for solid and liquid dosage forms applying aQbD principles with special focus on rigorous DoE
• Actively support product development with scientific input and generate scientific documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners and also support generation of international registration documents
• Report, interpret and present scientific/technical results to management
• Participate in technical sub teams and fulfil assigned project tasks and responsibilities
• Actively participate in knowledge exchange; train and coach associate scientists and technicians, temporary employees, and employees under training/education
What you'll bring to the role:
• MSc, PhD, or PostDoc in analytical chemistry or related field
• 5+ years of experience in pharma industry, preferably in analytical development
• Strong background in development and /or validation of chromatographic methods and knowledge and experience analytical QbD and DOE and passion for supporting the international scientific team in solving pharmaceutical challenges using a systematic approach
• Good knowledge of relevant software tools like Empower, ASAPprime, Zeneth, Fusion, DryLab, Autochrome, Design Expert / Minitab, etc. and knowledge of current GMP (EU, USA) and advanced technical writing skills
• Hands-on experience in HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS, Dissolution, ICP-MS
• Sharp scientific skills allowing the drawing of accurate assumptions from limited data to assess the next step in a development program, strong communication and presentation skills and persuasive personality with a positive mind-set, team-minded and a strong can-do attitude
• Fluency in English, German is a plus
• Audit experience highly advantageous
• IVIVC knowledge is an asset
• A track record of peer-reviewed publications demonstrating scientific success and ability to write in a scientifically sound manner
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 51.180,5 per year on a full time basis)
Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Group Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top