Principal Scientist (f/m/d)– Downstream Process Development
- Kufstein, Austria
Principal Scientist (f/m/d)- Downstream Process Development, Kundl, Austria
>200! This the current number of programs in clinical development at Novartis.
Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide.
• You will act as functional expert for (microbial) downstream process development for the assigned project(s) for biosimilars and/or new biological entities
• You are responsible for downstream process development activities incl. process development, -characterization and -transfer, know-how transfer etc.
• You will own the downstream process development deliverables
• You will work in cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
• You will need to communicate effectively across organizational interfaces i.e. project-/program-management; line functions etc.
• You will proactively identify scientific, technological and operational issues, propose creative solutions and communicate key issues to the appropriate management level
What you'll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree (e.g. PhD) in biotechnology, bioprocess technology or biochemistry
• Excellent command of spoken and written English language skills
• Minimum of 3 years experience within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in the field of downstream bioprocess development or manufacturing for biosimilars or new biological entities
• Excellent organizational skills, team player, flexible and dedicated personality
• Ability to coordinate a number of tasks simultaneously, prioritize and deliver against tight timelines
• Excellent problem solving mind-set, attitude to resolve challenges, interdisciplinary thinking.
• Ability of properly balancing between efforts, risks and benefits
• Willingness to travel (
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner, +44 7525 702920
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,374.38 per year on a full time basis).
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top