Principal Scientist (f/m/d)
- Kufstein, Austria
Principal Scientist (f/m/d), Global Drug Development, Kundl&Schaftenau, Austria
500 million! That is how many patients we reach with our products every year, improving their lives. It is our aim to expand this to more than 1 billion - with your help and contribution as an Principal Scientist (m/f) in our team.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan, perform and documentation as well as statistical analysis and interpretation of scientific experiments to drive development of final drug product and manufacturing process for solid and liquid dosage forms applying QbD principles with special focus on rigorous DoE
• Assure highest international level of scientific excellence and rigor for the design of experiments / project steps. Pro-actively increase scientific excellence from the bench.
• Tech transfer according to current regulations and GMP to cGMP production sites according to global and local procedures
• Scientific training and development of other associates
• Ensure current regulatory, GMP and HSE standards are taken into account and adhered to as governed by local, state and federal regulations, laws and policies as well as Sandoz policies and directives
What you'll bring to the role:
• PhD or PostDoc in chemistry, biochemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry or relevant natural sciences and min. 5 years hands-on industry experience in formulation, preformulation, deformulation and manufacturing process development
• Proficient in using statystical tools like Minitab. ASAPprime,, Design Expert, etc.
• Expert understanding of Data Integrity, cGMP, ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements
• Passion and excitement for furthering the science from the bench
• A track record of peer-reviewed publications demonstrating scientific success and ability to write in a scientifically sound manner
• Fluency in English, German is an Advantage
• Open and engaged personality with a can-do mind-set and the ability to adopt to change
• IVIVC knowledge is an asset
• Good knowledge of relevant software tools (e.g. AsapPrime, Empower, Fusion, Zeneth, etc.)
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least 51.180,50 EUR
er year on a full time basis)
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Back to top