Principal Real World Evidence (RWE) Research Analyst
- Dublin, Ireland
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019.
The Principal Real World Evidence (RWE) Research Analyst is responsible for the scientific and methodological aspects of all RWE projects as well as providing guidance for other members of the team.
Experience working on RWE projects with the United States (U.S) would be an advantage for this role.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce analytic deliverables, including full study reports for RWE or observational database analyses projects.
• Support project management by coordinating project activities and timelines as well as issue management.
• Independently draft and edit documents such as high-level research proposals, protocols and statistical analysis plans.
• Develop project timelines together with the Real World Evidence (RWE) Data Scientists.
• Appropriately track communications with the customer as well as project related decisions taken; Provide guidance to less experienced analysts on study design and analysis activities.
• Conduct observational data analyses involving new creative approaches and oversee data management and statistical programming activities.
• Provide guidance to conduct data quality reviews with detailed documentation; Present research and analysis results to customers and stakeholders.
• Produce analysis datasets, listings, tables, and figures for research projects, according to specifications, while maintaining documentation and complying with pre-defined project / study standards.
• Perform in-depth research and quantitative and qualitative analysis independently. Provide guidance to Associate RWE Research Analysts and RWE Research Analysts.
• Seek out opportunities for the development of new RWE services and new customers within Novartis; Maintain familiarity with technical developments in RWE, epidemiological and data science fields.
• Develop department-level standards, tools and templates and contribute to RWDA business development.
• Regularly elicit customers' satisfaction levels with Data Science's RWE services. Identify service areas requiring attention.
What you'll bring to the role:
• English fluent (oral and written)
• Postgraduate qualification (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field such as epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, economics or similar.
• A minimum of 4+ years of experience conducting research in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry.
• Experience in the application of statistical methods to the analysis of observational data.; Technical proficiency in analytical and visualization tools and statistical programming languages such as SAS, R, R/shiny, Tableau, Spotfire, SPSS, STATA, WinBUGs.
• Deep knowledge of RWE data sources and standards such as MarketScan, CPRD, JMDC, Optum, PharMetrics, OMOP.
• Expert in applied statistics. Extensive experience in the application of statistical methods for analysis of observational data including propensity scores, sensitivity analyses, etc. is a plus.
• Good understanding of organizational processes. Extensive experience working cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders.
• Open to experimentation and taking smart risks to support creative thinking that leads to practical solutions to healthcare and business challenges.
• Experienced in data visualization; excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals to ensure timely completion.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills. Highly effective at summarizing and presenting key considerations and evidence.
• Publications or presentations in recognized RWE/biomedical journals/conferences highly desired.
• Prior experience working in pharma/biotech/CRO/RWE organizations.
• Experience working with the U.S (United States) on relatable projects.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top