- Dublin, Ireland
Novartis continues to accelerate its growth in the digital space.
Our Platform & Engineering Core Architect role at Web Social Mobile Centre of Excellence (WSM COE) will be an exciting opportunity to shape how digital services are delivered in a high impact environment which will help us reimagine medicine!
At the WSM COE, you will work on a wide range of solutions and services, including; Web, Mobile and Content streaming, Digital Asset Management, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality and Software as a Medical Device Engineering.
If you're experienced in providing technical thought leadership to drive harmonization and enterprise integration of platforms and have a strong background in Solutions Architecture for large scale digital products and platforms, then why not consider making an application today.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design the target architecture and technical roadmap for all CoE platforms in collaboration with the technical platform owners
• Ensure the design and guidelines principles are followed, and oversee the DevOps adoption
• Coordinate technical activities across multidisciplinary teams located in different time zones
• Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation, and tools
• Work in migration strategies to move applications to modern architectures while ensuring that infrastructure and deliverables are aligned with the security requirements
• Be responsible for identifying technical resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables and architecture definition.
• Work closely with multi-functional teams to understand technical road blockers and operational needs
• Assist teams in defining and applying best practices for integrations, APIs, and Tooling (Goals/Strategy/Governance)
• Create and maintain internal technical documentation up-to-date and attend validation sessions within architecture boards
What you'll bring to the role:
• 15+ years' experience in the software development area.
• 5+ years' experience as Solution Architect with exposure to multiple industries.
• Experience with modern web and mobile technologies using JS frameworks such as (ReactJS, Typescript, Material UI, GraphQL, NodeJS, Web Sockets, etc.)
• Hands-on and proven experience implementing decoupled and scalable architectures using Microservices, APIs, event-driven, serverless and containers
• Designing, developing and deploying services and API Strategy for internal and/or external consumption
• Experience in a DevSecOps model.
• Be technology agnostic and able to work across different layers of the architecture and across distinct technologies
• Strong experience in data modelling and information structure design. Good understanding and implementation experience on Schema Definition, GraphQL Data Types. Define vision, strategy, and initial standards and principles for data management
• Architect, design, and develop scalable, resilient and fast mobile applications
• Experience integrating existing solutions with streaming and social listening platforms
• Execute all projects in compliance with company development guidelines. Implement sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of mobile solutions including, but not limited to, executing code reviews
• Explores, evaluates, recommends, and acts as the lead subject matter in emerging technology trends (GraphDB, AI/ML, Blockchain) and proof-of-concept efforts
• Strong communication skills, with both the development team and business owners
• Solid knowledge of Security Standards such as OAuth, OpenID, JWT, OWASP, among others
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Back to top