Network Security Engineer - Technical Governance
- Prague, Czech Republic
Network Security Engineer Technical Governance, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
3-5 locations, 2-3 time zones, 10 peers within Cyber infrastructure! That is how your daily interactions could look like as a part of Security team. That is Purpose of the position is to contribute to the design and implementation of infrastructure, security, application or other technology product solutions.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, implement and maintain security/infrastructure requirements for development / testing environment, OR design, implement and keep technology stack of relevant products for development, test and production use support OR manage application infrastructure including application infrastructure design input, application installation and deployment and operational management of the application infrastructure
• Ensure timely delivery of solutions required for new projects and high integration of components.
• Develop and enhance automated processes to release new solutions into the live environment or create reusable and automation frameworks.
• Ensure only authorized changes are made for all assets within enterprise IT environment
• Ensure creation of detailed solution/service design matching high level designs and functional specifications to meet quality and performance requirements and ensure the quality, cost and timelines of feature and product implementations OR install applications per approved designs and operationally manage application infrastructure, taking preventive measures to avoid unplanned outages.
• Ensuring the Network Security infrastructure is configured to be efficient and secure
• Contribution in definitions of IT Security Principles and Policy settings
• Monitoring the status-quo and detecting required improving's - Tracking implementation of new solutions and improvements, including gap remediation's - Analyzing deviations to security definitions, estimate risks of it and define actions to be taken - Assisting the IT Partners and Service Providers with technical clarifications and investigations - Close collaboration with internal security organizations and third party vendors - Provide analytical support for incident & problem resolution and prevention - Investigate assigned problems through to resolution or root cause finding
What you'll bring to the role:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience across Security
• Network fundamentals including the OSI model, TCP/IP, IPv4/6, Configuration and management of network equipment, including Switching-, Routing-and Tunneling solutions
• Understanding of complex network designs and concepts such as virtual networking and zero trust networks
• Implementation and management of network zone segregation solutions in worldwide environments providing redundant and scalable networks with Backup-and DR solutions
• Operations and engineering of solutions such as NAC, Proxy, Firewall (SPI, NextGen, WAF, DB), IDS/IPS, FW ruleset management in big and complex infrastructures, with help of tools such as Tufin, Bash scripting and well-known programing languages for networking automation (e.g. Power Shell, Python)
• Working experience with Crown Jewels
• Experience with Ethical Hacking
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program - choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top