Medicinal Chemistry Research Scientist (BS or MS)
- Cambridge, MA
One Global Discovery Chemistry community, working across 7 disease areas at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), is seeking a highly talented and motivated medicinal chemist to join our Global Discovery Chemistry Department in Cambridge, MA.
Here, we value your ideas, personal growth and career aspirations; you will be surrounded by and learn from curious colleagues across multiple disciplines; you will be given opportunities to explore the power of cutting-edge science and technology; you will be empowered to take smart risks and to use your creativity and tenacity to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
• Independently create hypotheses, design compounds, invent proprietary technologies, and carry out multi-step syntheses of small molecules
• Use contemporary medicinal chemistry principles to drive science to key decision points
• Analyze and interpret data, solve synthetic issues and design follow-up experiments
• Collaborate with peers and work effectively as an important part of a cross-functional team
• Adhere to laboratory safety policies and practices
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will need to bring to the role:
• BS or MS degree in organic chemistry; 3+ years of industrial experience is preferred
• A comprehensive knowledge of modern organic synthetic methods; medicinal chemistry knowledge is a plus
• Excellence in common purification and analytical techniques
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Back to top