Market Insights and CI Lead Oncology
- Geneva, Switzerland
AAA Statement Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative radiopharmaceutical company developing, producing and commercializing molecular nuclear medicine theragnostics. AAA offers professionals the opportunity to face new challenges and pursue a career in a fast growing, technology driven healthcare company. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal. Advanced Accelerator Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Market Insights & CI Lead/Senior Manager will work closely with the global and country franchise teams to design strategic and tactical research plans to address business questions, inform product strategy and support LCM/portfolio planning. Responsibilities include planning and management of primary and secondary market research studies (pre & post launch), tracking competitive landscape and presenting insights to global & country franchise teams, cross-functional teams, and senior management. This role will play an Integral role in developing cutting edge, commercially relevant HCP, patient and CI insights for the global team responsible for the NET and Prostate cancer portfolio.
Major Activities and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of all market research and CI initiatives that help to inform product launch and growth strategies.
• Apply qualitative and quantitative research methodology to inform key business decisions. Design study protocols, develop survey instruments, create research stimuli and obtain legal medical approval. Generate analysis plans, report and present research findings. Translate insights into simple and actionable recommendations. Keep research project continuity and follow up to track business evolution
• In collaboration with global Franchise Teams, develop situation analysis to strengthen our understanding of NET and Prostate markets based on customer insights, with a focus on environmental factors, HCP treatment expectations, attitudes, beliefs and perceptions that influence behaviors, as well as patient characteristics and product attributes that drive treatment choice.
• Responsible for reporting & data consolidation and delivery - manages and co-ordinates delivery and utilization of market research, competitive intelligence, field tracking data, secondary data (IMS, etc).
• Provide insights to inform critical business decisions, support the development of accurate global forecasts, and help identify potential drivers of revenue.
• Develop annual market research and CI plans to address informational needs and support strategic business decisions. Support annual business planning and forecasting
• Develop, present and provide reports, market analysis for pipeline products or new business opportunities as requested.
• Effectively manage vendor relationships. Effectively market research & CI budget.
• Follow industry and pre-defined standards to ensure legal and ethical approaches to CI, protecting business interests and confidentiality.
• Undergraduate degree in a STEM major with advanced degree a plus in marketing, decision sciences or related discipline preferred. Advanced degree in social sciences, MBA preferred.
• Fluency in English; French preferred.
• 8+ years of experience leading primary market research projects with industry or market research vendor.
• Experience with Oncology products required. Prostate or NET therapeutic areas preferred.
• High Analytical Skillset - Expertise in qualitative & quantitative methodologies and research; high comfort sourcing, manipulating, analysing using basic tools (Excel) and visualizing data via various tools/charting methods; understands the advantages and limits of different analytical/quantitative approaches.
• Competitive Intelligence Expertise - Experience leading CI projects and programs including activities like market monitoring, surveillance, development of competitive pipelines & timelines, competitive product & company profiling, facilitation of readiness workshops and strategies.
• Strong Project / Deliverable Management - ability to deliver complex analytical investigations and cross-functional projects with limited guidance; ability to scope, enhance the output/hypotheses and deliver analytical investigations and projects with limited oversight; seeks to understand the problem/issue, conducts cross-functional interviews and drives towards a well-structured deliverable.
• Cross-Functional Collaboration and Project Management - able to collaborate effectively with various functional partners to probe/ask questions, gather required information for analysis and participate as a value-added cross-functional partner.
• Independence - able to manage workload with limited guidance and support in prioritization; effective managing to expectations and ability to scope/prioritize work with relatively high independence.
• Executive Presence - high comfort in delivering and defending analyses/recommendations to senior management; ability to deliver succinct, effective messages both in verbal and written (i.e., executive summary) formats.
• Industry experience: Pharma experience preferred; strong understanding of launch and pre-launch planning, tracking and measurement in Oncology; demonstrated ability to dig deep and the uncover the "why" beneath observed HCP behaviours.
• Hands-on, inquisitive, anticipatory, precise, objective, knows when enough market research has been done to inform a decision. Proactive and results-oriented. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Back to top