Manager - Data Quality
- Hyderabad, India
365 days a year, our global manufacturing and supply network works to ensure our patients have the treatments they need to live longer, healthier lives.
- Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) Global Operations Center (GOC) Data Governance team is setup to develop and maintain the right metadata, master data, data quality parameters, data lineage, meaningful metric reports and workflows to ensure that data is governed, consistent, reliable and easily accessible for decision-making. To craft the consumption of data structure to reflect needs of various evolving business requirements & use cases across the NTO ecosystem. To serve as the data representative for business in order to build clear data use cases (both primary & derived). Data Quality Manager drive a strong Data Quality Management culture within team particularly focusing on improving Master Data Quality and enabling Master Data Governance by publishing meaningful metrics & Reports. Drives Data Quality improvement across the organization for consistency, correctness and completeness. Drives FAIRification of data across various domains. Support and facilitate data enabled decision making for Novartis internal customers by providing quality data.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze complex data quality enrichment and cleansing requests from Data Stewards and Data Champions. Envision the Data Quality strategy, metrics and framework
- Implement data cleansing and linking strategy as per detailed data quality improvement strategy-Plan and execute Data Quality corrections for various functions and light house projects Liaise with the Data Stewards, Data Champions and Data Solution Designer to realize agenda of continuous and active Data Governance.
- Responsible for rolling out the periodical Data Quality assessments, DQ important metric measurements, Gap analysis & Continuous improvement to ensure that active Data Governance is achieved, and data quality meets business need and complies with mandatory standards. Develop training materials, documents on scope of the reports, data quality rules and various data governance modules
- Provide analytical support to business by publishing Excel/QlikView/Qliksense reports for Data quality. Perform root cause analysis on data inconsistencies highlighted by users and recommending improvements. Gather business requirements for data management functionality and translating the information to developers to help building effective information flow
- Develop and confirm data dictionary rules ensuring business understands the rules and its value for improving data quality. Ensure adherence to the established Data quality processes, which includes 100% compliant to training completion for self and associates, proactive CAPA update and preparation for audit readiness
- Adherence to the Novartis Values & Behaviors. Ensure exemplary communication with all partners including internal associates through regular updates with focus on accomplishments, important metrics, standard methodologies, change management, key events, etc.
- Mentoring team, Identify and resolves operational issues, clearly articulate potential recommendations/solutions to all partners. Be proactive in planning; anticipating change and acting in accordance; drive meticulous implementation of team goals and metrics
- Ensure accountability & ownership of work you're doing. Proactively report all issues/deviations in a timely manner. Implement continuous process improvement projects to enhance quality & productivity.
- Ensure Training on relevant procedures before taking up any GxP activities. Report deliverable status and continuously acquire process knowledge
- Manage relationships with all data users, actively driving engagement, adoption and usage - and providing processes, training and support to ensure data quality standards are maintained. Drives continuous improvement regarding Data Management Processes, Tools and Rules by aligning processes and business requirements.
- Support strategic rollout of Data Governance framework across NTO.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor / Master's degree from reputed University in Pharma, Computers or IT or equivalent. 9+ years of experience in multiple Data Quality Management projects with hands on experience in relevant technologies like Informatica or equivalent ETL tool, SQL or PL/SQL
- Excellent analytical skills with experience of creating reports and dealing with large volumes of data. Experience of working in a multicultural self-directed team
- Very good understanding of Master Data and Data Governance concepts.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
NOVARTIS EMBRACES DIVERSITY, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE COMMITTED TO BUILDING DIVERSE TEAMS, REPRESENTATIVE OF THE PATIENTS AND COMMUNITIES WE SERVE, AND WE STRIVE TO CREATE AN INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE THAT CULTIVATES BOLD INNOVATION THROUGH COLLABORATION, AND EMPOWERS OUR PEOPLE TO UNLEASH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network (https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top