Manager Business Insights Specialist
- Princeton, NJ
Our number 1 priority is to serve people, communities and patients by pioneering patient access to better healthcare. It's our purpose that drives us; that inspires us; that challenges us. And that's why we will never give up.
The Manager, Business Insights Specialist (BIS) is a key member of the Sandoz Strategic Insights & Analytics team and the commercial team. BIS is an analytical thought leader who deliver best-in-class actionable insights to drive better data-driven decisions to give Sandoz a competitive advantage. BIS has a deep understanding of the business, customers and performance drivers. BIS is an analytical consultant to the business units and business insights leaders to support the decisions and investment choices.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provides analytical expertise in defining KPIs, forecasting, segmentation/targeting, strategic planning and leveraging internal and external data assets to make better data-driven decisions on where-to-play and how-to-win.
• Works closely with the business insights leaders to develop new techniques, explore innovative data assets and drive standardization across the analytics organization. This position will be hands on with data analytics and work closely with the offshore Novartis teams to optimize impact.
• Collaborate with insights leaders and at times directly with business partners to understand their needs with respect to objectives, priorities, and support/capability requirements.
• Focuses on critical business questions, drive towards strategic and synthesized insights, and propose actionable recommendations enabling better decision-making for the business.
• Simplify complex analyses and create clear and concise stories to motivate the organization to make better data-driven decisions.
• Challenge the status quo, explore new data assets, and experiment with innovative analytics to ensure Sandoz has a competitive advantage with robust account based analytics. Challenge external vendors and internal Sandoz teams to think differently.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
•Education: Graduate Degree required in a quantitative field or BA / BS required AND minimum 5 years of experience in analytics related area. MBA preferred.
• Minimum 4+ years of overall pharmaceutical management science experience required.
• High business acumen and experience synthesizing, simplifying and translating complex analyses into a clear story motivating action with the ability to see the big picture. Good communication skills with the ability to tell a story and influence without authority across various stakeholders to steer towards a solution.
• Working skills with advanced analytics tools such as;
-SAS, Alteryx, R, IBM Modeler, XLMiner, R, and/or Python.
-Knowledge of Specialty Pharmacy data and other pharma claims data assets (e.g. Symphony IDV, APLD, LexisNexis, internal longitudinal patient services data, etc.). Ability to understand new data sources in a short timeframe, mine and integrate for actionable insights.
• Flexible and ability to prioritize and deliver results in short timeline. Excellent organizational, planning, resource and project management skills; experience in working with offshore teams a plus.
• Learning agility - ability to pick up new trends and learn quickly .
• Strong communication and intervperso, including the ability to translate a complex analysis into simple 'business speak' and present analytical results to internal clients up to the executive level.
• Passion to experiment celebrates failures as learning opportunities and shares learnings.
• Strong interpersonal skills, organizational knowledge and ability to influence without authority.
• Curious individual who wants to constantly learn and grow. Practical and a critical thinker. Someone who can think big picture and gets into details.
• Experience in data visualization and dashboard tools (eg. Tableau) is a plus.
• Consulting experience in pharmaceutical industry, generic and biosimilar product insight experience highly desired.
Full-time benefits provided by Novartis / Sandoz. The opportunity to grow and develop your professional career with a top pharmaceutical company.
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Group Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top