IT Service Delivery Manager, Pharma
- East Hanover, NJ
With 350 associates across 40 countries, Commercial IT is the backbone for Novartis launch excellence and commercial/medical execution. We deliver integrated IT Solutions and Services within an eco-system of partners. We are hiring, adding 30 new roles to our team based in the United States.
Here is your opportunity to work with the latest technology to make an impact and support a multimillion portfolio in an innovative, unbossed environment.
The IT Service Delivery Manager Pharma is a business-facing role, accountable for establishing and maintaining the productive and value driven relationship between IT and their Pharma Commercial Business Unit. The Service Delivery Manager will:
• Will partner with the assigned Pharma Franchise leadership team to help drive their strategy and understand new or available technology or process changes to enable their business.
• Acts as a trusted advisor, guiding exploration of new technologies, matching business needs and technology solutions and developing action plans to correct problems.
• Will serve as the primary point of engagement and escalation for the assigned business teams.
• Build and manage strategic relationships with the assigned Novartis Franchise teams and sup-porting IT organizations to ensure Brand needs are anticipated and met.
• Align with IT and Finance during business planning to establish clear direction for Commercial
and Medical IT strategy, IT resource capacity and funding for current and future years.
• Prepare and maintain the franchise business plans (IT roadmaps), plus tracking and reporting
on the agreed portfolio.
• Work closely with other IT teams to align the business needs to innovate and meet the objectives of the Franchise teams in product launches, marketing, sales, patient service and market access.
• Facilitate the identification and evaluation of new technologies/initiatives that can provide com-petive business value and marketplace advantage.
• Identify and drive prioritization of IT-related projects; ensuring IT resources are directed towards
the goals of profitable growth, compliance and organizational efficiencies.
• Facilitate the inflow of projects and IT service requests, including alignment with business and IT priorities and resource, to drive the on-going demand review process.
• Produce regular Portfolio and SLA status, plus IT achievement updates to Franchises, Business Units and IT
• Participate in the development of best practice business solutions and change management ap-proaches required to implement IT services
• Foster a collaborative approach to IT strategy and services to leverage synergies and maximize productivity and desired outcomes.
• Partners with peers when coordinating initiatives across IT functions; secures the involvement and participation of other IT organizations, as needed, to deliver high quality application solutions and support.
• Identify needs to bring relevant program to the local level and articulating local needs to the global/strategic initiative stakeholders.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Undergraduate degree in business or related discipline required. An advanced degree is a positive; an MBA preferred.
• 8 years Information Technology experience across multiple disciplines, at least 2 years of which is in Commercial disciplines.
• Strong Pharmaceutical industry marketing and sales background with sound knowledge of Consumer and HCP Marketing channels.
• Pharmaceutical, Health Care industry experience.
• Ability to build relationships and manage key vendors.
• Understanding of program & project management principles.
• Strong stakeholder management and / or business consulting skills.
• Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of business/IT goals.
• Ability to be a champion for change and continuous improvement within IT and the business.
• Ability to make decisions and implement actions that have a significant impact on long-term, positive business outcomes.
• Understanding of digital technologies and communication channels deployed to support the marketing and sales functions such as websites, portals, social media, email campaigns, marketing automations, CRM, patient engagements.
• Ability to excel in cross-functional teams with multiple stake holders.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top