International Head of Marketing Operations, Surgical - Based Europe
- Geneva, Switzerland
Alcon are one of Europe's 'Top Employer's' and are the market leader in eye care globally, helping people see better through advanced surgical and vision care products and if you want to help make a difference then please join us!
Our International Marketing Group is responsible for defining brand strategy, medical evidence, and new product launch kits for lead markets to ensure that the product/brand strategy aligns to the needs of International markets.
We are open to location and will consider those based outside of Switzerland, ideally within Europe and particularly interested in those with a CPG/FMCG background.
The International Head of Marketing Operations will: 1) define and optimize all marketing operations for the entire Surgical International Marketing Group, 2) lead all marketing-related activities in the "non-focus markets", 3) oversees all regional congresses and events, and 4) establish & track performance against marketing KPIs.
The International Head of IMG Operations will be responsible for the marketing operations of the Surgical IMG team:
1) Establish, refine, and manage operational excellence for all marketing processes across entire IMG portfolio, with primary focus on:
a. Lead, drive, and continuously enhances the New Product Launch Process to ensure best in class launches, so to ensure best in class launch plans are deployed consistently, timely, and across all markets:
b. Define and implement Digital Marketing Infrastructure and ecosystem required to optimize communication to customers and patients:
c. Define, improve, coordinate, and manage implementation of Annual Brand Planning process (working with Global Franchise, countries and cross-functional partners)
d. Own Best Practice Sharing process: Synthesize , share best practices and drive international reapplication e.g. lessons learned from lead markets for follow on markets on go-to-market approaches, application of novel channel innovations
e. Drive excellence in selling tools (e.g. Pitcher, demo tools etc.) and ensure consistency across IMG
f. Be the IMG point person for franchise wide brand guidance to ensure consistency in look and feel (working closely with Global VP of Brand Development & Communication Programs)
2) Lead the Area Marketing Group, which is responsible for all marketing support outside of the 12 focus markets:
a. Provide marketing plan direction, guidance, and oversight to ensure best in class marketing execution (for new product launches & established in- line products), cross market consistency (where appropriate), and maximum marketing ROI (by minimizing duplication and maximizing impact).
3) Oversees IMG related activities and support for all regional congresses and events within International:
a. Coordinate congress strategies and programs with respective Regional Franchise Heads
b. Provide all marketing related support
c. Ensure: IMG support from Product Marketing, marketing implementation by respective Area Marketing Directors, and podium Share of Voice through Therapeutic Area Group
4) Establish and track marketing performance against commercial KPIs, also in cooperation with / integration of CommEx elements e.g., field force effectiveness, digital channel usage etc.
• 15+ years of broad experience in progressive senior management positions in market led sectors (FMCG back-ground preferred)
• Proven expertise in product strategy, brand marketing and portfolio management
• Previous launch, regional & country experiences
• Experience in leading cross-functional teams and influencing in a matrix environment
• Capability to work in a complex global framework, including strong stakeholder experience and ability to lead cross functional teams in a fast paced and high demand environment
• Experience in deploying digital innovations and uptake
• Must have demonstrated strong long-term strategic thinking and planning for business success. Ability to bring innovative thinking, challenging status quo and managing the ambiguity
• Proven track record of building and leading high performing teams that have established and executed successful marketing programs in multiple geographies
Essential: Fluent written and spoken English; other languages an advantage
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Desirable: MBA, PhD
Back to top