Over 6 million people in the US are affected by Heart Failure in the US with that number expected to increase to 8 million by 2030. Novartis has been at the forefront of cardiovascular treatment for decades, delivering groundbreaking medicines that extend and improve life, and that's where we intend to stay there.
As a global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, hardworking, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We are committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and demonstrating diverse backgrounds, cultures, and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
We are Novartis.
Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Institutional Sales Specialist (ISS) will be responsible for driving appropriate access pull through in targeted hospital with the CRM brand portfolio. Responsibilities will include driving demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned CRM academic and government institutions. The Institutional Sales Specialist will collaborate with CRM Sales, Marketing, US Market Access, Patient Services, and other home office personnel, as appropriate, to execute institution-centric programs aligned with Business Unit strategic imperatives, Legal and Compliance policies.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Accountable for building institutional advocacy around formulary adoption of CRM brands to help drive appropriate utilization of approved products.
• Drive demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned CRM academic and government institutions.
• Works with local partners to create and maintain strategically targeted institutional-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces that influence product sales.
• Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of disease state, the marketplace, competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally execute against business opportunities and challenges.
• Executes sales efforts by providing product and disease state presentations detailing approved clinical information to physicians and their staff.
• Build key business relationships within the Hospital, including key clinicians and administration personnel, where appropriate, and with key influencers/decision-makers to network across organization and collaborate on key initiatives where opportunities align.
• Lead cross-functional Area Team Meetings (ATMs) for the assigned hospital accounts, creating, implementing, and updating business plans to achieve product access and sales goals.
• Conduct periodic needs assessments with key customers to tailor and communicate customer insights and hospital-related activities to field-based and headquarters-based partners and engage with them to execute new strategies and tactics to pursue business opportunities.
• Provide support to Area Business Leaders in identifying key business opportunities and diagnosing critical business and implementation issues within assigned hospitals and surrounding markets/landscape.
• Collaborate with CRM Sales Force, Senior Management, US Market Access, and appropriate Cross Functional Partners, to demonstrate relationships and product portfolio, to secure formulary and preferred status.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Strong business background.
• 5-7 years of Biologics/Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales experience with 2 years in Hospital Sales in the past 5 years.
• Must have a high degree of understanding of the CRM community in general.
• Must have a strong record of accomplishment of therapeutic area/product knowledge expertise.
• This is a remote position that will cover Key Accounts in the assigned region. Candidate must be based within that region or within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation available.
• MBA preferred.
• Working knowledge of CRM products.
The position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
Institutional Sales Specialist:
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales with 2 of them being in hospital sales within the last 5 years.
Senior Institutional Sales Specialist:
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales with 2 of them being in hospital sales within the last 5 years.
769 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Kansas City, MO
Company / Legal Entity