Institutional Sales Specialist – Cardiovascular – Berkeley – Remote
- San Francisco, CA
This is a remote role
Over 6 Million people in the US are affected by Heart Failure with that number expected to increase to 8 million by 2030. Novartis has been at the forefront of Cardiovascular treatment for decades, delivering groundbreaking medicines that extend and improve life, and that's where we intend to stay.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Your key responsibilities:
The Institutional Sales Specialist (ISS) will be responsible for driving appropriate access pull through in targeted hospital with the CRM brand portfolio. Responsibilities will include driving demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned CRM academic and government institutions. The ISS will collaborate with CRM Sales, Marketing, US Market Access, Patient Services, and other home office personnel, as appropriate, to execute institution-centric programs aligned with Business Unit strategic imperatives, Legal and Compliance policies.
• This position will report to the CRM Specialty Area Business Leader and will have no direct reports.
• Budget management Sales responsibilities are a component of this position
Position will maintain contact with approximately 10 -15 targeted institutions and will be an integral part in driving the success of the local market.
• Significant travel up to 75% or more required.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Drive Product Access
• Drive Pull Through and Demand Generation
• Institutional Account Business Planning
• Innovation/ Initiative
• Coordination and Collaboration of Cross-functional Stakeholders:
• Local Market Opportunities
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred
• Strong business background
• 5-7 years of biologics/specialty pharmaceutical sales experience with 2 years in hospital sales in the past 5 years
• Must have a high degree of understanding of the CRM community in general and a working knowledge of Cardiovascular products is preferred
• Must have a strong record of accomplishment of therapeutic area/product knowledge expertise.
Back to top