- Panvel, India
Our Technology Platforms - Anti-Invective & Chemical Operations - with 14 sites globally apply a range of technologies including biological fermentation, chemical processing in the manufacturing and supply of high quality active pharmaceutical ingredient (API); those platforms formulate and package oral solid and sterile dosage forms of the Sandoz range of antibiotics.
In alignment with Novartis company strategy to 'Embrace Operational Excellence' and the Novartis Business Services - Real Estate & Facility Services strategy, the purpose of this role is to facilitate the implementation of the Global HSE Strategy by providing technical expertise and guidance to the Oncology Site, NTO, India. Strategic lead at the site. To develop open and credible relationship to the authorities, the public and the business. Act as responsible for HSE for oncology site and country.
Oversees HSE support, programs and initiatives at site as well as seeking guidance from global partners on various HSE topics and programs/Biosafety/Radiation / Safety/Environment/Technical Safety/PiE & Waste Water/Process Safety management.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Owns the Health, Safety and Environment function at site, ensure site compliance and external legal / local statutory compliance requirements. Develops good relations with Local Health Safety and Environment and global key partners.
- A HSE specialism within Oncology, based on deep knowledge of their specialism, advises SLT on various HSE related topics. Prepares and summarize for Site Head various reports HSE Compliance and update SLT members on any changes on HSE governance / requirement and external Corporate and responsibility rating agencies, internal and external auditors.
- Collects and verifies the site HSE data and submit to the global Health Safety and Environment team or update it on the various portals. Ensures timely reporting and critical issue of any incidents at site level
- Supports root cause investigations and lessons learned sharing of incidents. Supports timely and right quality CAPA implementation
- Strong management of the risk portfolio. Develop Health, Safety and Environment capabilities in the line managers and train them to act as point of contact for HSE issues.
- Act as a role model in HSE and ensuring alignment between the global HSE policies and the local site needs. Identify, develop and retain talent, providing strong succession plans within the site and development opportunities.
- Responsibility of execution of professional tasks sought at ensuring occupational safety and health, and environment protection at the site, in accordance with the law, internal regulations, good practices and business objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
Post graduate in Environment or Diploma in Health, safety and Environment.
Proven ability of min 9+ yrs in HSE function preferably in Oncology background.
Operations Management and Execution
Collaborating across boundaries People Challenges
=== COMPETENCIES ===
Technical / Functional Skills & Knowledge
Inspection and Verification Expertise
HSE Regulations and broader regulatory environment
HSE Incident Response & Management
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Group Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network (https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network)
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.
Back to top