High Density Perfused Batch Facility-USP Production Scientist(80-100%)
- Basel, Switzerland
1 fully operational commercial-scale TRD technical Facility, that will enable the development & implementation of Novartis's novel technology which is a paradigm shift in biologics manufacturing processes.
The USP HDPB Facility Production Engineer is required to plan & perform scientific experiments (or pilot plant processes) for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances/products, processes and procedures in collaboration within a multifunctional project team coordinated by a Project leader.
You responsibilities will include:
• Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects; Plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments/plant activities and plan, perform and contribute to project related scientific/technical activities under minimal guidance and/or in collaboration with experienced team members (e.g. contribute to interpretation and report results); And seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader, Scientific Expert or other team members during the whole process if necessary.
• Provide efficient and robust processes for the manufacture and/or specialized facilities e.g. containment/sterile labs as an expert with adequate guidance; Utilize special tools/equipment and/or specialized facilities e.g., containment/sterile labs; Evaluate new lab equipment and contribute to maintenance of infrastructure/equipment; And keep record of and manage chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility.
• Provide raw data documentation, evaluation and results interpretation; Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments; Optimize existing methods (lab or plant) and develop more efficient ones. Generate lab procedures, reports and/or instructions and/or SOP's; and actively transfer procedures/instructions to pilot plant or production, including troubleshooting, process steering controls etc.; Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines.
• Collaborate with other team members to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP; Communicate and address problems, perform safety and literature searches under moderate guidance from more experienced team member; Actively participate in project teams/meetings/networksand actively contributes to team goals; Ensure all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process. Strategic and scientific contribution to Networks, target achievements according to network charter and annual objectives
What you'll bring to the role:
• BS, MS in Biotechnology, Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Biopharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
• Fluent in site-language (German). Adequate knowledge of English (oral and written).
• Required USP experience (HDPB experience preferred): 3-5 years for BS or 1-3 years for MS
• Awareness/proven experience for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
• Skills and Knowledge: Good scientific or technical knowledge (e.g. synthetic, analytical, galenical). Proficient with laboratory and/or technical tools. Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools (including DeltaV). Good English presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Back to top