Healthcare Development Manager - South England, Sandoz UK
- Rugby, United Kingdom
Every 10 seconds someone has potentially life-threatening asthma attack in the UK.
Would you like to join us on our journey to pioneer access to respiratory medicines and help the NHS treat more patients?
Sandoz UK have an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Development Manager to join our team!
Working with external customers and Sandoz partners, the successful individual will ensure optimal patient access to innovative medicines inclusive of funding and service activities.
The territory for this role will encompass the South of the UK, and its sits with the Primary Care Business Unit for an exciting new launch project to make innovative asthma therapies available to patients throughout the United Kingdom.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the Primary Care Leadership and Account Team to build and implement a locality access plan which is aligned to both franchise and team objectives incorporating both commissioning and service activities and informing the Key Account plans.
• Ensure an optimal environment for the prescribing of our products to ensure patients have appropriate access. Secure and implement adequate positioning of our products in local formularies and across secondary and tertiary care centres in collaboration with the KAM team.
• Represent Sandoz and build trust and relationships with key commissioning partners and key opinion leaders in the relevant therapy area at a regional and local level. Build sustainable strategic relationships with those groups that set guidance at a sub national level and have a broader national impact beyond the immediate local geography. Ensure key insights are fed back to appropriate internal partners.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of national/local policy with the ability to influence and shape it (BTS, NICE, etc.).
• Develop and implement partnership initiatives with customers where there is a prioritised patient need; principles of these initiatives are consistent with the franchise, business & account plan objectives. Examples can be new outcome based models, patient review services, etc.
• Build business cases/Joint working proposals and gain approval from Trust board and the Franchise Leadership team. Measure progress of agreed key commissioning & service activities designed to improve the speed and ease of patient access, and optimise patient care in line with agreed metrics and project management principles.
• Maintain and share an excellent understanding of the NHS, enabling environmental assessment and develop insights and intelligence to facilitate competitive advantage and inform development of local market access tools and materials.
• To comply with all appropriate external regulations, ABPI Code of Practice and Sandoz principles.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Strong respiratory experience & network of respiratory contacts
• Clinical & therapy area expertise (Respiratory)
• Experience building advocacy & access plans with proven commercial outputs
• Service development and redesign including but not limited to: joint working partnerships, pharmacy reviews, establishment of integrated Primary Care - Secondary Care networks, therapy area reviews
• Evidence of rapid implementation of revisions to NICE/BTS Asthma guidelines (including GINA where relevant) so all local advocates are aware and able to endorse into local protocols/guidelines
• Direct or indirect leadership experience with sales teams, service projects and/or commissioning customers
• Proven experience in the digital environment to adapt to new paradigms of working post-COVID
• Experience building national and regional strategy
• Leadership & Coaching
• Ability to engage and influence policy and guidelines in national bodies such as BTS and NICE
• Experience of input into national advocacy plans and working with top tier KOLs within own territory
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 24 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Group Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top