Head of Strategy & Operations, Data & Digital: Oncology
- Basel, Switzerland
1 of Novartis 4 strategic priorities. Join the new Global Oncology Data & Digital team that will drive the digital transformation across countries and help with our bold vision to cure cancer!
Our Head of Strategy & Operations, Data and Digital Discovery presents an exciting opportunity to have a meaningful positive impact within our Oncology team. In this role, you'll support the team's strategic objectives through innovation and exploration of imperatives within the overall Novartis Oncology, Global Digital & Data vision.
You'll navigate through global and regional markets on challenging data and digital topics related to areas that include Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Omni-channel Engagement and Digital Health Solutions. The Head of Strategy and Operations, Data & Digital will help us to create the future we want, nurturing multiple digital capabilities end to end, from definition to workshops and delivery.
As a strategic leader, the long-term roadmap for the Oncology team is in your hands and through collaboration with Senior Leadership, you will help to spread digital excitement across our Novartis community. If you are excited at the prospect of implementing cross-country and cross-functional strategies in digital & data then why not consider an application to our Global Head of Strategy and Operations, Data & Digital: Oncology role today!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• Developing a Global Digital & Data strategy in close collaboration with our Oncology strategy department, Novartis Chief Digital Office and Oncology Digital & Data Leadership Team across functions and countries
• Drive cross-functional and cross-country projects to implement the strategy in the areas of our operating model, Agile ways of working and other fields related to: Omnichannel Customer Engagement, Digital Health Solutions, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence with commercial and medical teams
• Work in close collaboration with the Global Digital and Data leadership Team, People & Organization team and capability building teams to develop and roll-out Digital & Data capabilities across the organization and the implementation of a solid Digital & Data talent mapping and talent development program
• Work closely with Digital & Data Leadership Team and internal communications to drive digital engagement and excitement across the organization
• Collaborate within Global Head, Oncology Data & Digital and Finance to develop and monitor Global Digital & Data budget allocation
• Development and systematic implementation of agile methodologies in relevant functions across the team
What you'll bring to the role
• University Degree with an advanced degree in Science and/or Business preferred (MBA/PhD)
• Strong analytical ability, strategy/consulting background with experience in data & digital initiatives strongly preferred
• Strong project management skills; experience at driving global cross-functional projects at Business Unit Level preferred
• At least 5 years of experience in healthcare discipline, strategy consulting or Oncology company with global understanding of pharma business and healthcare industry, across various disciplines/functions (e.g., commercial/medical, payors, providers and development)
• Tech savviness and aptitude to lead and drive innovative marketing and operation initiatives and expansions with a critical focus on performance as well as identification, evaluation and incorporation (where applicable) of emerging technologies and trends into Oncology Business Unit
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and ability to influence without authority
• English: Proficient in oral and written
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top