Head of PMO, As A Service
- Hyderabad, India
• Primary responsibility of the role is to lead PMO as a Service and collaborate closely with key partners across the business to drive the adoption of PMOaaS within Novartis.The person in this senior role will be responsible for managing a team of ~50 associates. The person will ensure that the team deliver on agreed business outcomes in conjunction with business partners. They will also create a continuous improvement culture within the team to ensure that a consistent, relevant, balanced and technology supported service continues to deliver on agreed project/programme outcomes for the business over the longer term.
• The person will have oversight of strategic projects and large scale transformations that are supported by PMOaaS. Thus, the person must ensure that PMOaaS remains agile and responsive to the changing needs of such large scale programmes as they occur.
• The Head of PMOaaS leads and drives the team and ensures alignment with NBS CONEXTS and Novartis leadership. Drives the adoption of PMOaaS and articulates, defines and delivers measurable enterprise value to Novartis.
• Own the strategic growth of PMOaaS, delivering timely and high quality support for the Novartis functions and establishes strong works with various Novartis functions such as Commercial, NTO, Finance, IT, P&O, GDD etc. and defines interaction models with those functions that drive their strategic projects to successful completion.
• Generate strategic insights based on outstanding analysis, distills outputs and recommendations which enable informed decisions of top leaders and lead PMOaaS resources to efficiently support strategic projects for Novartis.
• The Head of PMOaaS leads team of PMO associates in an inspired, curious and unbossed way ensuring Novartis culture is adopted within the team.Ensures proper training of the staff and development to improve PMO capabilities. Drives the development of an 'unbossed, curious, inspired' culture within the PMOaaS team. Supports an environment for controlled risk-taking with high standards to ensure an innovative approach is developed and encouraged down through the organization.
• Successfully drives adoption of PMOaaS by Novartis functions in accordance with agreed objectives and delivery of agreed levels of PMO support for Novartis projects on time and within budget
• High quality contributions to other practice group activities, including product development (PMOaaS) and feedback from project sponsors and (internal and external) key partners regarding quality of PMOaaS service delivery
• Bachelor's in either a Science, Engineering, or IT with and MBA (or equivalent) in Marketing or associated discipline. PRINCE 2. A further qualification in Digital practice, Analytics etc is also desirable.
• Strategy Development, Large scale portfolio, program and project management, Functional Breadth, Major Change initiatives, Collaborating across organisational boundaries, Organization Scope, Scale and Complexity, Financial Management, Industry/ Business Exposure
• Organizational Savvy, Breakthrough Analysis ,Applied Business Insights, Outcome focused, Service Excellence, Collaborator, Influencing, Presenting, Negotiating
• Strategic Thinking and Planning, Modeling and Quantifying Business and Investment Cases with High Uncertainty, Developing and Delivering Story Flows and Presentations for Management, Knowledge of How to Address the Challenges in the Healthcare Environment,Knowledge of Current and Future Global Business Trends, Assessing Impact of (internal & external) Changes on transformations, Deep knowledge of portfolio/programme, and project management requirements, trends, enabling technologies, and risk management
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top