Head of Clinical Study Manager, Pharma
- Shanghai, China
500+ Ongoing clinical trials;160+ Projects in clinical development;80+ Major submissions planned 2020-
2022. Novartis GDD (Global Drug Development) oversees the development of new medicines
discovered by our researchers and partners. It drives breakthrough innovations to improve and extend
the lives of millions.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops, implements and leads region or large countries level on study specific activities, including the hiring, training, development and assignment
• Ensure qualified study management by providing strategic leadership for the monitoring organization defining and driving an aligned approach at regional level or may manage a discipline (like excellence) within the sub-function for the assigned area
• Ensures study site selection, activation, enrolment, data flow and timeline commitments are delivered and reported per established study milestones and commitments
• Collaborates with local medical/clinical teams to enhance Novartis relationship with clinical sites, to ensure optimal site relationship management.
• Accountable for timely issue identification, escalation and resolution to ensure study management deliverables are on track. Ensures budgets and schedules are met. -Collaborates internally to ensure that monitoring trends that require targeted training and/or development are escalated.
• Ensures adherence to clinical data standards, prevailing legislation, GCP, Ethical Committee and SOP requirements
• People management role with responsibility for a broad functional /technical area -Participates with other senior level to establish strategic plans and objectives.
• Contributes to and often leads the development of departmental and functional/business unit goals and objectives.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Strategy Development
• People Leadership
• Operations Management and Execution
• Functional Breadth
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish
to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network
Back to top