Head of Biome & Ecosystem
- Shanghai, China
Novartis China Biome Head will oversee the strategic development and operational management of China Biome. The job holder will provide role-model leadership by enhancing Novartis external ecosystem innovation & internal digital capability.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead the strategy, operational activities and team to deliver on the business objectives including project portfolio metrics, budget management, and marketing/branding deliverables.
• Responsible for sourcing, evaluation and selection process of companies in the Biome China site, ensuring a strong portfolio of innovators that go along with current and future Novartis Digital strategy.
• Enable a platform for the divisions identifying business challenges and unique problem statements where emerging technologies can support
• Manage portfolio of resident comparators and network them across internal and external networks and channels.
• Managing the performance of 25-50 external collaborators; Lead strategy visioning, site culture and company engagement, in partnership and collaboration with relevant Novartis Business Leads focused on innovation
• Lead a matrix team of diverse functional experts through influencing, aligned goals & objectives, and mentoring, to ensure site success
• Launch Novartis innovation summit & series of digital capability campaigns to inspire & boost internal capabilities; Maintain strong relationship with internal Novartis stakeholders and function as the Biome representative for site Governance.
• Actively engage with start-up companies in China ecosystem as an advisor and scout for opportunities for Novartis to partner directly with them; Identify unmet needs from key stakeholders and align landing solution; In partnership with the CSO Function as spokesperson for the site and relevant subject matter expert
What you'll bring to the role:
• The position holder is leading and overlooking engagement with start-up ecosystem and innovators, thereby making solutions bold, sustainable and scalable. Drive external interactions/engagement at Industry-body at local, national and global level. Meanwhile launch Novartis innovation summit & series of digital capability campaigns to inspire & boost internal digital capabilities, as well as identify unmet needs from key stakeholders and align landing solution.
• Minimum Education: Bachelors' degree and above
• Languages: Fluent English, Chinese
• Desirable Experience: 10-15 years business experience is required with a proven track record of working within start-ups or innovation teams; A minimum of 10+ years working on digital and/or customer engagement solutions ; Strong track record of working within the China ecosystem; Strong track record of working intensively on open innovation and strategic partnerships; Experience in running digital innovation projects in regulated industries (banking, in-surance, medical device and life sciences)
• Functional Experiences : Demonstrable expert in field of digital healthcare solutions; Demonstrable expert in open innovation strategies and strategic partnerships; Programme and project management expertise; Presenter and able to lead multiple levels of organisation from executives to franchise; Excellent people management skills with positive leadership, innovative, and collaborative behaviors & strong "can-do" orientation.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top