Head Health Economics Outcomes Research
- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
1. HEOR Research Quality & Innovation - Responsible for partnering with HEOR TA teams, MUs and other CDMA functions to develop and/or execute robust research processes to ensure rigor, quality, credibility and transparency. Encourage and enable creative and innovative research methods and data sources for efficiency and impact.
2. Payer-Centric Evidence Strategy & Execution - Closely partner with Medical Access team to shape, enable and drive payer-centricity in all HEOR research and activities supporting pipeline and inline products across MUs.
3. External Value Assessor Strategy - Partner with HEOR TA teams and MUs to lead ICER Evidence Reviews. Shape and drive external debates around assessing value of innovative medicine. Partner with or respond to value-related external initiatives/ organizations. Be responsible for informing the CDMA organization of external dynamics and development around value assessment.
4. HEOR Talent Development - Partner with the functional Vice President (VP) to attract and develop top HEOR talent, and to coordinate HEOR talent assessment and deployment across six MUs. Build culture and lead in line with company cultural aspiration - "Unbossed," "Curious," and "Inspired." Provide training, coaching and feedback to HEOR associates to help them reach their potential and achieve top performance.
5. Business Partnering - Effectively partner with internal stakeholders (HEOR TA teams, Medical Access, Medical Account Management, Market Access, MUs, Global teams, etc.) at strategic and tactical levels to generate and disseminate robust HEOR findings in support of a broad set of stakeholders including payers.
6. HEOR Functional Leadership - Serve as a key member and organizer of US HEOR & Medical Access Extended Leadership Team. Contribute to continuous improvement and development of HEOR function through leadership of functional initiatives and change management. Role model leadership behaviors to promote desired culture.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• An advanced degree (masters) in health economics, statistics, health policy or related field is required.
• PhD or PharmD with strong focus in Health Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology or related field preferred
• > 10 years' experience in the pharma or healthcare sector, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions/fields is required.
• >3 years people management experience. Proven track record of leading teams.
• Experience in Health Technology Assessment (HTA) markets is strongly preferred.
• Substantial experience in shaping HEOR and RWE strategy supporting pipeline products is strongly preferred.
• Substantial experience engaging or partnering with external organizations (e.g., universities, value assessors, regulatory agencies, etc.) is strongly preferred.
• Travel - Position requires up to 25% travel
Back to top