Head, Global Customer Engagement Digital Strategy
- Basel, Switzerland
1886! We have more than 130 years of experience treating patients. Sandoz, a division of Novartis, is a global leader in generics and biosimilars, and seeks to play a leading role in improving access to medicines worldwide.
Sandoz has embraced an ambitious strategy to drive a company-wide digital transformation. This includes the development and implementation of the Sandoz enterprise-wide digital strategy that uses data and digital to develop and manage a strategic digital portfolio that delivers $500M of value to Sandoz within 3 years. This will drive deployment of digital and data technologies and ways of working to achieve enterprise-wide strategic objectives across Portfolio and Pipeline, Customer Engagement and Sales Operations. The Sandoz Digital Strategy is led by the Sandoz Chief Digital Officer and co-owned with the Sandoz Executive Committee (SEC)
The Digital Strategy Lead, Customer Engagement directly reports to the Sandoz Chief Digital Officer who is leading the overall digital transformation at Sandoz and is directly reporting to the CEO of Sandoz. The role is responsible for the strategic design, creation and implementation of customer-centric digital commercial selling model relevant to the Sandoz generic business model, focusing on the channel marketing mix by customer segment, using existing channels and developing new ones.
The role will lead a team consisting of salesforce related digital (e.g. CRM), digital marketing and engagement, and digital marketing operations leads. The role will engage at a strategic level with both SEC and the Digital LT and hold strategy implementation accountability with regions, functions and division. The person will also strategically engage with Group Digital Office to use and implement global solutions relevant to Sandoz (e.g. xDroid, ACTalya).
Your Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to;
• Drive strategy development and roadmap to operationalize next-generation go-to-market commercial models relevant to the Sandoz generic business model, mentality and portfolio, adapted to market archetypes.
• Drive from concept to deployment the use of data-focused and automated, real-time closed-loop marketing to improve coordination and integration of rep-orchestrated channels and non-personal channels
• Establish enterprise new next-generation channels, particularly in non-personal area incl. dynamic marketing and establish platforms that improve FF effectiveness and efficiency
• Lead acceleration of the new global CRM system to provide the foundation of innovative Go-to-Market solutions early on
• Partner with the regions to establish customer engagement digital hubs with optimised content development strategy to improve engagement efficiency and effectiveness. Drive agile pilots to validate business case and operational model before scaling up to global solutions.
• Establish enterprise content strategy with product teams and regions and factory to drive towards engagement personalisation, maximising content effectiveness and impact while optimising agency spend.
• Build customer engagement analytics ability with data strategy lead to enable customer 360 visibility and drive channel mix optimization, using advanced analytics solutions built within the Novartis Group but adapted for Sandoz' needs
• Own digital customer engagement building programs with relevant executive, commercial, medical and partner teams.
• Establish and chair the Customer Engagement program design board comprising of the CDO and SEC program sponsors to drive digital ambition, ensure roadmap governance, benefits realisation, effective engagement model, communication and change management.
• Manage Change: Work together with People and Organization (P&O), Regional/Country leadership, change management and communication partners to drive sustainable adoption of newly integrated engagement channels.
What you'll bring to the role
• University degree or various degrees in science and/or business preferred
• Minimum 7-10 years of digital marketing experience related to commercial and medical activities, including implementing digital solutions at scale globally and/or regionally
• Experience in commercial excellence or sales within Gx or Pharmaceutical company
• Experience in driving digital Global change management in large organizations with senior facing responsibilities, in pharmaceuticals or other industries
• Demonstrated business impact of multichannel initiatives, through organizational metrics, revenue, profit or cost-cutting initiatives.
• Recognized standing in the Global multichannel and digital marketing arena with a track record of innovation
• Previous people manager experience within Multichannel marketing or program management is preferred
• Ability to work effectively across geographies and cultures, build relationships, collaborate and influence within a complex matrix organization; at ease with uncertainty and ambiguity
• Solid understanding of Global digital landscape, development processes and methodologies¨
• Senior, executive level presentation skills with ability to communicate and engage at all levels within the organization
• Excellent proficiency in English, oral and written
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top