Head, Digital Region Europe
- Holzkirchen, Germany
1886! We have more than 130 years of experience treating patients. Sandoz, a division of Novartis, is a global leader in generics and biosimilars, and aims to play a leading role in improving access to medicines worldwide.
Sandoz has embraced an ambitious strategy to realise a company-wide digital transformation. This includes the development and implementation of the Sandoz enterprise-wide digital strategy that uses data and digital to develop and manage a strategic digital portfolio that delivers $500M of value to Sandoz within 3 years. This will drive deployment of digital and data technologies and ways of working to achieve enterprise-wide strategic objectives across Portfolio and Pipeline, Customer Engagement and Sales Operations. The Sandoz Digital Strategy is led by the Sandoz Chief Digital Officer and co-owned by the Sandoz Executive Committee (SEC)
The Head Digital Region of Europe reports into the Sandoz Chief Digital Officer and is part of the regional leadership team. This role ensures strategic digital priorities are aligned between the global digital and regional leadership teams and will manage to joint objectives.
In this regard, you'll shape development of global digital strategies and programs by providing regional and country insights and priorities, and ensure adaptation, execution, adoption, benefits realisation and governance according to market archetypes and channels in the region and markets.
Our head of Digital, Europe will lead a team of regional digital value chain and digital leads. You'll engage at a strategic level with SEC and the Digital LT, holding digital strategy implementation accountability with the region. You'll also strategically engage with Group Digital Office to use and implement global data and digital solutions relevant to Sandoz.
• Partner with Digital Strategy Lead, Customer Engagement Strategy to drive digital strategy development and roadmap to operationalize ground breaking go-to-market commercial models relevant to the Sandoz generic business model, mentality and portfolio, adapted to market archetypes and channels.
• Work with region and country teams on automated and data-centric real-time closed-loop marketing from concept to deployment, improving the coordination and integration of rep-orchestrated channels and non-personal channels
• Support and facilitate acceleration of the new global CRM system to provide the foundation of innovative Go-to-Market solutions early on
• Co-lead the establishment of customer engagement digital hubs with optimised content development strategy to improve engagement efficiency and effectiveness. Drive agile pilots to validate business case and operational model before scaling up to global solutions.
• Partner with the Head of Digital Strategy, Portfolio & Pipeline to establish a digital strategy roadmap to drive continuous improvement in portfolio management abilities and efficiencies, improving speed and quality of portfolio decisions made.
• Work with regional leadership and markets to use Portfolio and Pipeline digital platform as single-source of Portfolio truth and improve operational efficiency and support regional market-alignment decision making.
• Partner with Digital Strategy lead, Sales and Operations to optimise and drive performance of the sales and operations process
• Ensure E2E forecasting process and solutions address regional and market needs, and achieve global to local alignment for single version of truth.
• Execution of a data-centric solution strategy to optimise revenue management (gross to net) opportunities in markets using sophisticated data analytics
• Be the regional partner to drive use of data and digital technologies to identify volume opportunities in tender and trade channels, and improve commercial performance in relevant archetype markets.
• Be our regional digital specialist, exploring novel digital solutions that complement digital strategy, prioritising scalable solutions on a regional or global basis
What you'll bring to the role
• University degree in science and/or business or similar preferred
• Minimum 7-10 years of digital experience related to commercial and medical activities, including implementing and scaling digital solutions
• Experience in commercial excellence or sales within Gx, Pharmaceutical or FMCG company
• Experience in driving digital Global change management in large organizations with senior facing responsibilities, in pharmaceuticals or other industries
• Demonstrated business impact of multichannel initiatives, through organizational metrics, revenue, profit or cost optimisation initiatives.
• Previous people manager experience within Multichannel marketing or program management is preferred
• Solid understanding of Global digital world, development processes and methodologies
• Senior, executive level business expertise and presentation skills with an ability to engage at all levels within the organization
• Proficiency in English (oral and written)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top