Head Advanced Analytics Solutions, Data & Digital Oncology
- Basel, Switzerland
1 of Novartis 4 strategic priorities. Join the new Global Oncology Data & Digital team that will drive the digital transformation across countries and help with our bold vision to cure cancer!
The Head Advanced Analytics Solutions demonstrates his/her strong business leadership experience across functions to identify use-cases and convince functional and operational leadership to develop and implement advanced analytics solutions ultimately redefining the way we operate. He/she is responsible for effectively expanding new and existing sophisticated analytics use-cases that drive insights and empowers effective, data driven decision-making for the Oncology Business Unit (OBU). This position plays a critical role in analytics governance, in the alignment with data and digital teams and effective coordination of high impact deliverables in line with OBU strategy and priorities.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, prioritize, accelerate and support Advanced Analytics (AA) use-cases in close collaboration with Global, Regional and key-Country business partners and the Novartis Group Center of Excellence (CoE) for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI)
• Work collaboratively with Global functional leadership (e.g. Medical and Commercial Franchise Heads, Real-World Evidence (RWE), Business Excellence, Insights, OBU Data Science CoE as well as with key markets to identify and prioritize use-cases for the development and application of AA/Data Science
• Drive portfolio use-cases in close collaboration of Group DSAI CoE, functional and country teams with scaling of prioritized initiatives in mind
• Lead AA enablement strategy and build capabilities for AA and Data Science among business users across the organization in close collaboration with DSAI CoE, OBU Data Science CoE and OBU capabilities teams
• Demonstrate broad functional understanding of operating models, including but not restricted to Brand Management, Sales Management, Business Excellence, Medical Affairs, Insights, RWE, BD&L, Competitive Intelligence and Finance to work optimally in a matrix organization
• Perform effective leadership and transformational management, demonstrating high skills in organizational change, persevering to overcome issues, balance risks, building robust teams and building trust among partners
• Utilize and build positive relationships to coordinate with other analytics functions and Data Science teams across Novartis
• Work together with the Global Data & Digital team to ensure that the OBU utilizes the acquired data efficiently and optimally to drive governance and prioritization of projects and AA enablement in order to continuously meet business goals and answer business questions from senior leadership
What you'll bring to the role:
• Strong experience as operational and cross-functional business leader in pharma industry, ideally as General Manager, Franchise Head and/or in Business Excellence
• Strong demonstration of experience and/or education in analytics and data science and/or decision sciences supporting and prioritizing business s questions and recommendations
• Proven track record to manage multiple projects, to be accountable for individual & team results and drive change across multiple countries and functions
• Broad functional understanding of operating model will be essential, including but not restricted to Brand Management, Sales Management, Business Excellence, Medical Affairs, Insights, RWE, BD&L, Competitive Intelligence and Finance
• Minimum 10 years of healthcare experience required, incl. leadership experience managing, mentoring and growing teams
• Ability to establish relationships, collaborate and influence across a multi-country and multifunctional matrix organization;
• Demonstrated prioritization, organizational, analytical and research skills as well as the ability to conceptualize more sophisticated issues and work on complex processes, procedures or solutions
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top