Government Affairs Lead APAC (HK, SG, KR, TW)
AAA Statement Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative medicines company focused on the development of products for targeted radioligand therapy and precision radioligand imaging. We are committed to transforming patients' lives by leading innovation in nuclear medicine.
AAA offers professionals the opportunity to face new challenges and pursue a career in a fast growing, technology driven healthcare company. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal. Advanced Accelerator Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Government Affairs Lead will be a member of the AAA APAC Team and responsible for shaping the HC environment and for driving the HCS centricity of AAA in support of the NVS strategy in targeted radioligand cancer therapies. This includes but is not limited to policy shaping, HCS strengthening including the development of strategic government partnerships (e.g. PPP) and political advocacy to maximize RLT share of voice in policy making processes (e.g. trade association, multi-stakeholder groups, 1on1 stakeholder engagement). She/he is engaging with multiple external stakeholder groups while securing internal alignment with other functions at AAA and with NVS to maximize impact for the RLT platform.
Map & plan
Lead the development of Government Affairs (GA) Strategy for the NET Franchise and the NVS RLT platform incl. upcoming launches in the AAA APAC countries (HK, SG, KR, TW)
• Develop the GA Strategy in alignment with the commercial teams and other functions, with global GA AAA as well as with NVS
• Advise commercial team on potential political hurdles and opportunities impacting the AAA portfolio (political launch readiness assessment and early commercial market shaping)
• Provide timely updates to AAA colleagues on key policy and political developments in external environment and advise on how to address them, driving the HCS centricity across AAA
Engage & shape
Be accountable for the GA Strategy implementation, ensuring support from NVS, from global and from externals as needed
• Organize targeted activities that increase evidence base in NET, prostate cancer and nuclear medicine policy and that create a multiplier effect (e.g. white paper, ...)
• Identify and engage with key stakeholders in the NET, prostate cancer and nuclear medicine policy space with a view to create strong external alliances - around 50% of key stakeholders for AAA have no prior links to NVS
• Develop AAA positions on key issues of NET, prostate cancer and nuclear medicine policy and ensure overall alignment of key policy messages with AAA and Novartis positions; implement effective projects to advocate for those positions externally on behalf of AAA/NVS (e.g. via localization of positions and projects of global AAA GA)
AAA in Asia
• As AAA APAC team member, support key cross-functional activities where needed and as appropriate.
• The role has the potential to start supporting AAA in China and / or Japan in the future.
• Short and long term business benefit, as defined in KPIs of GA strategy re both execution and outcomes (ie number of politicians reached, number of events, number of policy changes or risk mitigation, number of strategic partnerships)
• Internal customer satisfaction and feedback
Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Experience / Professional requirements:
• 5+ years working experience in a GA/international relations/public affairs or related business setting
• Proven history of developing impactful GA strategies to meet external stakeholder needs
• Independently and successfully managed complex projects with high visibility, ability to lead without authority
• Understanding of biotech and / or pharma business model and drug development process
• Understanding of key topics in healthcare and politics
• Ability to understand and translate scientific/oncology concepts into political stakeholder language
• Strong external representation and negotiation skills
• Willingness to travel (15%)
• Proven skills which are critical for success of GA projects:
-Strategic HCS-centricity versus tactics for one product
-Partnering at par versus being a «solicitant»
-Negotiation versus bargaining
-Transforming status quo versus adapting to change
-Engaging with politically driven counterparts versus experts
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding,inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top